Discussion: Changes to the DDrace Network

More serious discussions, information about official DDNet servers, important announcements.
Ryozuki
User
Player profile: Ryozuki
Mapper profile: Ryozuki
Clan: Unique

Re: Discussion: Changes to the DDrace Network

Post by Ryozuki » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:07 am

GG Kid wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:37 am
Sorry i didn't do my research, should have looked into Vanilla TW first, & well i did & have many questions about DDnets future now, but i will keep then to a minimum.

will DDnet be getting the new 0.7.0 look & layout?

& the new Skin customization features?

i know that others will ask as well, so maybe a Dev blog post or Q&A would be helpful, so at least to consolidate discussion.
This is from #developer on discord:
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png

GG Kid
User
Player profile: Bolto
Clan: Kerger

Post by GG Kid » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:57 am

Oh, thanks man :) i see i'm out of the loop not using Discord. i see a line being drawn in the Sand, the 0.6 old timer's(including DDnet) & the .7 new agers, as there is not compatibility between them. at least Vanilla compatibility will be a waning factor, maybe DDnet can back port the best .7 features( & be come the TW master race.)? one hopes Vanilla will sort things out to be more tolerable, as it's in "public beta" & things are changing so fast i'll wait to see how it turns out, & Discus it on the side :) this is really getting interesting....

P.S. i love how Dune(on the TW forum) organizes Discussion & relays things for the Dev's, maybe we can learn thing thing here? basically a "community manager"

GG Kid
User
Player profile: Bolto
Clan: Kerger

Client changes

Post by GG Kid » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:08 am

2019-01-11 brought us V11.7.2 with two things of interest. here are all the boring changes between 11.6.1 & 11.7.2
1. Fix cl_dyncam_mousesens. i didn't know it was broken.
2. Demo browser: Show markers well you know what they say...... ok neither do i but people have wanted some form of this for a long time(viewtopic.php?t=5865) & now that Vanilla TW has it it's high time DDnet gets it too i guess. so check it out & tell me what you think in the thread Experiences using DDnet 11.x. personally i think it's better the 0.7 version because you can sort by markers.
Make sure to Smash the like button, hit Subscribe & click that Bell to never miss a future video(or update). :)

2019-02-15 EDIT: about DDNet 11.8
unsupported client = Bot client
Allow vote-kicking players with same auth level so now mods can vote to kick each other LOL.
now that DDnet has an autoban depending on client version i wonder what client are included on the list, just out of curiosity.
Last edited by GG Kid on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cellegen
User
Player profile: Cellegen
Mapper profile: Cellegen
Clan: RestInHell.

Post by Cellegen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:20 pm

dont forget about all editor bugs that were common in 11.7.x
gosh i was freaking hate that
RestInHell. - Team Leader

deen
Retired Administrator