Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Any information about the search for people to specific tasks.
If you could help with anything - don't be shy to apply on your own!

Forum rules
  • This section is only about tasks on DDNet.
  • Off-topic is strictly prohibited.
  • Be as much detailed as needed to make understandable what you want/are able to do.
User avatar
ZoOoM
User
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:49 am
Location: Ukraine
Player profile: ⱿoØoⱮ.7z
Clan: Seirei
Website: https://zooom7z.github.io/
Contact:

Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Post by ZoOoM » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Hi, my name is Oleg, I'm playing tw about 9 years, more history about me you can read from my little site.

How old are you?
- 21 years old.
What country do you live in?
- Ukraine.
What languages do you speak?
- Ukrainian, Russian, English (can understand all, problems with answering).
Why do you think you should become a Moderator?
- I wanna support fair game on zCatch, I'm really hate aim bots, and can detect them easily cus i feel how players can play and how aim bot is shooting. I'm always trying to kick them by myself, but not always it works due of players just don't care that cheaters is playing along them. Of course I know about responsibility of moderator, I respect fair game, and never touch a player who plays fair.
Also I don't think that it's normal and it's not a single case, but with moderator privilege it can be stopped faster:
SpoilerShow
Image
Image

How long can you be active on the server each week?
- minimum 1-2 hours per day.
How long have you been playing on DDNet?
- about 4 years, I'm playing only zCatch, and not interested in ddrace or something other.
Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forum or In-game)
- by admins? never. By players cus they wanted to make fun - yes.
Do you have Discord?
- ofc, ZoOoM.7z#9959
Do you have any past experience as a Moderator?
- many minecraft servers in the past, few chat groups in social sites, if it count.
Anything you want to say that has not been mentioned above?
- I will attach my articles, maybe it will help to know me better first and second.
For sure, I know that I'm noname on ddrace, and admins there didn't even hear about me, but some percent of guys know me and can answer on questions about me.

User avatar
deen
Retired Administrator
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 2:30 pm
Player profile: deen

Re: Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Post by deen » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 am

I really like the website.

User avatar
ChillerDragon
Community Team: In-Game Moderator
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:21 pm
Location: Germany - Munich
Player profile: ChillerDragon
Mapper profile: ChillerDragon
Clan: Chilli.*
Website: http://chillerdragon.weebly.com/
Contact:

Re: Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Post by ChillerDragon » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:21 pm

deen wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 am
I really like the website.
Same c:
And i also really like the youtube channel o.O
But i try to be not biased when i say he would fit as an moderator.
He is a professional zCatch player so who is active since many years.
Image
Image

User avatar
Prankster
User
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:04 pm
Location: Europe
Player profile: Prankster
Mapper profile: Prankster
Clan: BlockMark

Re: Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Post by Prankster » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:28 am

Dont let this hohol ruin the zcatch servers. He has anger issues, not suitable for being a moderator. Let us not forget that he used to be a zoom player, aka cheater. Also it's the 2000th post in staff recruitment.

User avatar
ZoOoM
User
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:49 am
Location: Ukraine
Player profile: ⱿoØoⱮ.7z
Clan: Seirei
Website: https://zooom7z.github.io/
Contact:

Re: Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Post by ZoOoM » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:26 am

Prankster wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:28 am
Dont let this hohol ruin the zcatch servers. He has anger issues, not suitable for being a moderator. Let us not forget that he used to be a zoom player, aka cheater. Also it's the 2000th post in staff recruitment.
Can you confirm your words that I used zoom? Maybe demos, videos. I will really happy to see it, because everyone can say nonsense about someone without proofs.
Also I frequently streaming zCatch with same skill level as everytime and no one balanced (in behaviour) guy with who I played - didn't say what you said here.
About ruin the zcatch servers - it's ridiculous, everyone who know me more than 1 year - can proof that I love zCatch from the heart.
What about you, your first messages to me was "i remember when u were a zoom player, u was in 'Legends' clan with ur mate Trap" as you blame me:
SpoilerShow
Image
Also you blame other player without proofs too, what .:NT:.jxsl13 paid attention to it in first screenshot:
SpoilerShow
Image
I know Saga as a new player on zCatch/gCTF arena with 100% clear game and I believe him more than any of your words.
And of course I don't want to speak with guy like you in friendly tone, because u are the same as previous guys who only talking without proofs. I might be agressive/passionate in words (last messages in first screenshot) but I'm is honest, if you want a normal conversation - choose the right words. But I 100% sure that we will not be a friends in future due of your behaviour.

You can jump off the topic with a 90% probability, based on the fact that it was a prank or trashtalk on your part, but here I would use as a quote words of my friend:
SpoilerShow
Image
Your turn with facts please or it will be again trashtalk/prank?

User avatar
Prankster
User
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:04 pm
Location: Europe
Player profile: Prankster
Mapper profile: Prankster
Clan: BlockMark

Re: Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Post by Prankster » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:12 pm

ZoOoM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:26 am
Can you confirm your words that I used zoom? Maybe demos, videos. I will really happy to see it, because everyone can say nonsense about someone without proofs.
What about you, your first messages to me was "i remember when u were a zoom player, u was in 'Legends' clan with ur mate Trap" as you blame me:
SpoilerShow
Image
It was years ago dude, I don't have demos from that time. I can't confirm it, but I remember you and your friends doing it - or at least most likely doing it. That Trap guy especially. For now, I don't think you are using it anymore so I guess it's forgivable. I don't even want to argue about it anymore, the problem with this is rather that you are still not honest with the people in my opinion. In case you did it, the fact that you are still hiding it just make you irresponsible by default - and a moderator should be responsible: take the consequences for their actions and be ready to admit if they made a mistake. We all do mistakes, it's cool, but if you are incapable of apologizing and admitting to your mistakes then you are just not ready for this duty. (If you haven't done it why would you be so offended? It just adds to my suspicion.)
ZoOoM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:26 am
Also I frequently streaming zCatch with same skill level as everytime and no one balanced (in behaviour) guy with who I played - didn't say what you said here.
Give me twitch / youtube account, I am genuinely interested.
ZoOoM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:26 am
About ruin the zcatch servers - it's ridiculous, everyone who know me more than 1 year - can proof that I love zCatch from the heart.
You are missing the point buddy. I am not saying you would ruin it on purpose. You would ruin it by doing what you think is the right thing when it's not. I can tell by looking at you that you are just a toxic person who would ban those who he doesn't like and hide behind his power. I could name other zCatch players who are much more mature and ready for this duty, whose goal is not banning as many people as they can, but rather solving the issues with the least bans, making everyone enjoy the game. If you want to be a moderator just so you can ban people is already bad, but I don't expect you to understand it.
ZoOoM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:26 am
Also you blame other player without proofs too, what .:NT:.jxsl13 paid attention to it in first screenshot:
SpoilerShow
Image
I know Saga as a new player on zCatch/gCTF arena with 100% clear game and I believe him more than any of your words.
That .:NT:.jxsl13 is a very toxic kid btw, but that's beside the point. I have a nice long demo of that kid raging at others including me.
As for Saga, to me it looked like he was using it. It was just suspicion, I didn't vote just wrote it in chat so that people would be more cautious about it and some may reply with "yes, I think he uses too", but it didn't happen so I didn't do anything more towards it. I think you really overhyped this one. Also 100% clear game and saying it's based on his words is pretty contradictory.
ZoOoM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:26 am
And of course I don't want to speak with guy like you in friendly tone, because u are the same as previous guys who only talking without proofs. I might be agressive/passionate in words (last messages in first screenshot) but I'm is honest, if you want a normal conversation - choose the right words. But I 100% sure that we will not be a friends in future due of your behavior.
Lol dude apply anal cream on your asshole, it looks to me that it's hurting pretty bad. Based on this one experience you are already considering me a life-long enemy - how sweet. You are just straight up showing how toxic and immature you are. Is this kindergarten or something lol? I call you a zoomer and you get this offended? Yes, because it's true, that's why and you are so insecure about it. Just be a man and admit it. One occasion and you are already losing your normal speech tone - or is it your normal one? Dude, grow up mentally first and then apply again. It's clear that you just want this power so that you can ban people that you don't like for long hours, since without it you couldn't protect yourself and now you are able to abuse them. I mean, I called jao several times fat and gay and he still remained cool about it lol (even though it's probably true xd). And if you are worse than jao that tells a ton.
ZoOoM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:26 am
You can jump off the topic with a 90% probability, based on the fact that it was a prank or trashtalk on your part, but here I would use as a quote words of my friend:
SpoilerShow
Image
Your turn with facts please or it will be again trashtalk/prank?
I don't puss out of conversation like most moderators do once they realize that they lost. But you most likely will. As again, I am not here to prove that you were a zoom player. I don't have evidence towards that only my memories. I don't know it for certain, but I pretty much think you used it some years ago. My point is if you still didn't get it, is that you are incapable of being a moderator.

js_hd
User
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:24 pm
Clan: Mystic

Re: Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Post by js_hd » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:44 pm

As someone that has played zCatch for quite some years by now, I would say ZoOoM.7z does fit the moderator role as he's by now one of the oldest if not the oldest player playing regurarily in the zCatch servers, moreover, he is very well known player among both the zCatch and gCTF community. Considering in the zCatch there are often people fun voting and occasionally cheating it's not a bad idea to actually enforce fair play as votes or using the chat more often than not don't seem to solve such problems. While he is indeed aggressive as he says, from what I always see it is usually because other players tend to flame or provoke rather than he being in search for a fight. That's the way I see it, other opinions are always welcome.

User avatar
ZoOoM
User
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:49 am
Location: Ukraine
Player profile: ⱿoØoⱮ.7z
Clan: Seirei
Website: https://zooom7z.github.io/
Contact:

Re: Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Post by ZoOoM » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Prankster wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:12 pm
It was years ago dude, I don't have demos from that time. I can't confirm it, but I remember you and your friends doing it - or at least most likely doing it. That Trap guy especially. For now, I don't think you are using it anymore so I guess it's forgivable. I don't even want to argue about it anymore, the problem with this is rather that you are still not honest with the people in my opinion. In case you did it, the fact that you are still hiding it just make you irresponsible by default - and a moderator should be responsible: take the consequences for their actions and be ready to admit if they made a mistake. We all do mistakes, it's cool, but if you are incapable of apologizing and admitting to your mistakes then you are just not ready for this duty. (If you haven't done it why would you be so offended? It just adds to my suspicion.)
Well I can't talk about my old mates of 'Legends' clan, because they all talked on german language in skype konfi/game and i don't know about them so much, but i can successfully protect myself. DDracer who came to zcatch 2 days ago after a long break (maybe long break, i even never saw you there) knows more about me than every zcatch/gctf player with who I played whole years, I'm 100% chill if even it will add suspicion. I still don't want to apologize to you ^^ because i don't think that you cost it with your behaviour everywhere, in-game chat, forum posts. Even now in-game you talks rude with zcatchers so why I must respect you.
Prankster wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:12 pm
Give me twitch / youtube account, I am genuinely interested.
Open eyes and look on signature.
Prankster wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:12 pm
You are missing the point buddy. I am not saying you would ruin it on purpose. You would ruin it by doing what you think is the right thing when it's not. I can tell by looking at you that you are just a toxic person who would ban those who he doesn't like and hide behind his power. I could name other zCatch players who are much more mature and ready for this duty, whose goal is not banning as many people as they can, but rather solving the issues with the least bans, making everyone enjoy the game. If you want to be a moderator just so you can ban people is already bad, but I don't expect you to understand it.
It's only your point of view, you provoke me - I answered, i will not seat while someone said bullshit about me. I have many friends from vanilla/zcatch/gctf with who I speak normally with jokes and etc. The fact is I talked with you with toxic doesn't mean that i'm toxic with everyone.
Prankster wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:12 pm
That .:NT:.jxsl13 is a very toxic kid btw, but that's beside the point. I have a nice long demo of that kid raging at others including me.
As for Saga, to me it looked like he was using it. It was just suspicion, I didn't vote just wrote it in chat so that people would be more cautious about it and some may reply with "yes, I think he uses too", but it didn't happen so I didn't do anything more towards it. I think you really overhyped this one. Also 100% clear game and saying it's based on his words is pretty contradictory.
So when it's suspicion - go to spec and watch him, if you are not sure - don't even open mouth on another gamemode, where everyone knows about everyone. I just don't like when strangers thinks that they are right.
Prankster wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:12 pm
Lol dude apply anal cream on your asshole, it looks to me that it's hurting pretty bad. Based on this one experience you are already considering me a life-long enemy - how sweet. You are just straight up showing how toxic and immature you are. Is this kindergarten or something lol? I call you a zoomer and you get this offended? Yes, because it's true, that's why and you are so insecure about it. Just be a man and admit it. One occasion and you are already losing your normal speech tone - or is it your normal one? Dude, grow up mentally first and then apply again. It's clear that you just want this power so that you can ban people that you don't like for long hours, since without it you couldn't protect yourself and now you are able to abuse them. I mean, I called jao several times fat and gay and he still remained cool about it lol (even though it's probably true xd). And if you are worse than jao that tells a ton.
Remember, all was started from you, i'm not jao and you are not a white sheep with who I must keep normal speech tone, judging by your posts on whole forum.
Prankster wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:12 pm
I don't puss out of conversation like most moderators do once they realize that they lost. But you most likely will. As again, I am not here to prove that you were a zoom player. I don't have evidence towards that only my memories. I don't know it for certain, but I pretty much think you used it some years ago. My point is if you still didn't get it, is that you are incapable of being a moderator.
You will not decide whether I will become a moderator or not, there is admins and they will decide. Even IF i will be accepted, they can kick me after few days or hours if they didn't like something. I wrote application here not for your opinion.

User avatar
Prankster
User
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:04 pm
Location: Europe
Player profile: Prankster
Mapper profile: Prankster
Clan: BlockMark

Re: Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Post by Prankster » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:50 pm

ZoOoM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:18 pm
It's only your point of view, you provoke me - I answered, i will not seat while someone said bullshit about me. I have many friends from vanilla/zcatch/gctf with who I speak normally with jokes and etc. The fact is I talked with you with toxic doesn't mean that i'm toxic with everyone.
Oh yes yes yes. This is exactly what I am talking about. A moderator shouldn't be only kind to their friends. It will cause the zCatch community to become a close circle. But I feel tired of elaborating on this.
ZoOoM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:18 pm
So when it's suspicion - go to spec and watch him, if you are not sure - don't even open mouth on another gamemode, where everyone knows about everyone. I just don't like when strangers thinks that they are right.
1. It will always be suspicion, unless noby invents some zoom protection feature.
2. You are just showing again that strangers are not very welcomed in your eye (which luckily doesn't mean that they are not welcomed by other zCatch members). You will just make zCatch a place where you can have fun with your friends and the others will suffer strong discrimination (eg new players will be more often kicked for camping or spraying; if your friend has issues with someone you don't know he will be an easy victim of banning etc.). Just run your own server if that's your goal and don't steal DDNet's. In my opinion zCatch is doing pretty well currently, I don't think it lacks moderators. There are some funvotes every now and then, but that's just part of the game. Most of the times there's a zCatch server that is full or nearly full, and it has been going like that for pretty long, while other gamemodes have died out. The biggest problem is that currently noob players get banned too easily, so they can't improve, leading them to other gamemodes, causing zCatch to loose popularity. Currently it's not a very big problem, but if someone like you helped this process, then it will most likely loose a great ton of popularity.
ZoOoM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:18 pm
Remember, all was started from you, i'm not jao and you are not a white sheep with who I must keep normal speech tone, judging by your posts on whole forum.
As a person, no, you don't have to. As a moderator you are expected to be more mature and be in control of you anger issues.
Also im happy that you are not jao, one is more that enough of him.
ZoOoM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:18 pm
You will not decide whether I will become a moderator or not, there is admins and they will decide. Even IF i will be accepted, they can kick me after few days or hours if they didn't like something. I wrote application here not for your opinion.
Yes, you are absolutely correct. I am just trying to show the admins what kind of person you actually are so that they can think twice before they accept you.
js_hd wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:44 pm
As someone that has played zCatch for quite some years by now, I would say ZoOoM.7z does fit the moderator role as he's by now one of the oldest if not the oldest player playing regurarily in the zCatch servers, moreover, he is very well known player among both the zCatch and gCTF community. Considering in the zCatch there are often people fun voting and occasionally cheating it's not a bad idea to actually enforce fair play as votes or using the chat more often than not don't seem to solve such problems. While he is indeed aggressive as he says, from what I always see it is usually because other players tend to flame or provoke rather than he being in search for a fight. That's the way I see it, other opinions are always welcome.
I appreciate that you have registered just to support Zooom.7z's application. You sound like a cool dude to me, even if our point of view regarding to the situation differs, I really like how you expressed your opinion. You sound much more mature than Zooom himself. But I would like to point out that even though I have almost no doubts that Zooom is a beloved member of the community with a lot of friends, he is not capable of moderating the server with such a wide range of players. A server where he plays with his friends only? - sure go ahead. But you should just try to confront him only a little bit and you would see the other side of the story - what it means not to be a friend of the moderator. A good moderator gets to show his capability of the power when he deals with "bad" guys rather than his friends. And there are players in the community who can deal with bad guys pretty well, for example Mystogan.

Everyone is kind with their friends, it's not a big deal. But who are the ones that are kind with their enemies? Those are the people that we need.
(Disclaimer: being kind with your enemy doesn't mean you don't ban him, punish him or anything, don't misinterpret it.)

User avatar
Cellegen
User
Posts: 1117
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:39 pm
Player profile: Cellegen
Mapper profile: Cellegen
Clan: RestInHell.

Re: Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Post by Cellegen » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:10 pm

*seeing Prankster trying to prove that ZoOoM must be not a Zcatch moderator*
e5upSHu.png
e5upSHu.png (215.94 KiB) Viewed 826 times
RestInHell. - Team Leader

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests