Usefull emotes?

Share and discuss skins, mapres, artworks and logos.
-Kayazuma-

Usefull emotes?

Post by -Kayazuma- »

So I had some time to spare and I have created an emote set that can help to communicate while racing. I don't know if it is usefull or not, but I tought it would be a nice Idea, check it out and tell me if you like it or not.
Old versions:
SpoilerShow
tw_emoticons.png
tw_emoticons.png (140.91 KiB) Viewed 10242 times
*Updated version:
-More communication options
-old heart emote added
-bugfix: "hammerhit" at chatbubble
-old wtf added
-old zZZ added
Emoticon set:
SpoilerShow
emoticons_rework.png
emoticons_rework.png (107.5 KiB) Viewed 10238 times
Less information emoticon set:
SpoilerShow
emoticons_rework_less_info.png
emoticons_rework_less_info.png (102.94 KiB) Viewed 10238 times
Attachments
tw_emoticons_love.png
tw_emoticons_love.png (138.35 KiB) Viewed 10242 times
tw_emoticons.png
tw_emoticons.png (140.91 KiB) Viewed 10244 times
tw_emoticons_love.png
tw_emoticons_love.png (138.35 KiB) Viewed 10245 times
Last edited by -Kayazuma- on Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
deen
TECHNICAL Team
Player profile: https://ddnet.org/players/deen/
Discord: deen#5910

Re: Usefull emotes?

Post by deen »

I like the idea, but I guess if you use those and others don't then you create more confusion :D
-Kayazuma-

Post by -Kayazuma- »

deen wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:06 am I like the idea, but I guess if you use those and others don't then you create more confusion :D
Thank you! Yeah that was my second thought aswell but I have seen that you posted the image in the ddnet discord, so there might be some people actually using them. I am still not done with the Idea tho. I will make the whole thing look more clean and maybe make some other designs for diffrent tastes. I'll keep you and everyone else updated here!
Im 'corneum
Clan: ☭birming

Post by Im 'corneum »

deen wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:06 am I like the idea, but I guess if you use those and others don't then you create more confusion :D
it would be nice to have graphics like these, or weapon skins exchangable in the client. mayn other clients already have it.
reply to this post or your mom will die in her sleep tonight
ChillerDragon
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/ChillerDragon/
Mapper profile: https://ddnet.tw/mappers/ChillerDragon/
Clan: Chilli.*
YouTube: user/GermanMinecraftZC

Post by ChillerDragon »

It is sad that the <3 got so uglyfied .-.
-Kayazuma-

Post by -Kayazuma- »

ChillerDragon wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:52 am It is sad that the <3 got so uglyfied .-.
Oficially updated now
Since you asked for it my friend, I will work on other designs soon tho.
SpoilerShow
emoticons_rework.png
emoticons_rework.png (107.5 KiB) Viewed 10234 times
GG Kid
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Bolto/
Clan: Kerger

Post by GG Kid »

I mean like yeah the emotes are less useful & more for fun, but will these translate ok? most pro's use voice chat anyway. i would suggest you get some one that you play with & both you try these in-game, then maybe with some testing we can find something better :) now that Vanilla compatibility is less & less an issue DDnet can start to do some of this stuff, but still these seem more DDrace oriented, DDnet has a lot of different servers, an assumption/mistake i have made my self. you see Emoticons(Emotion icon's) are supposed to be universal, while these are clearly not, but it should still be inspired by the same spirit, so can you express it visually instead of writing it out? what you end up doing is changing what emoticons are, although more useful in one case quite worse is others. look man i like the idea but we need more general improvement. i would design some my self if i had any skill & was not so lazy.
PicturesShow
-Kayazuma-

Post by -Kayazuma- »

GG Kid wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:10 am I mean like yeah the emotes are less useful & more for fun, but will these translate ok? most pro's use voice chat anyway. i would suggest you get some one that you play with & both you try these in-game, then maybe with some testing we can find something better :) now that Vanilla compatibility is less & less an issue DDnet can start to do some of this stuff, but still these seem more DDrace oriented, DDnet has a lot of different servers, an assumption/mistake i have made my self. you see Emoticons(Emotion icon's) are supposed to be universal, while these are clearly not, but it should still be inspired by the same spirit, so can you express it visually instead of writing it out? what you end up doing is changing what emoticons are, although more useful in one case quite worse is others. look man i like the idea but we need more general improvement. i would design some my self if i had any skill & was not so lazy.
PicturesShow
Thanks for the critique and the Idea of putting them in an more visual style is a nice mindset. At first I was actually thinking of doing something like this since there are not only english players but it is hard to translate specific english terms that often have to do with the same thing, especially flying. I had no Idea how to put, Kinta, hammerfly and hammer hits in an frozen, simple Image so everybody understands what is the meaning behind it. I tried to use an hammer with an Airplane but that didnt work out and seemed weird. But even then, an Hammer and an Airplane could describe Kintafly aswell. So I decided to just use the therms since most players actually know the single terms better. I've played some games allready whith these emotes and we've found some limitations and more. I will think of something that many players enjoy, thats why I love cirique like yours, it helps me getting a diffrent pov and think of an universal fix.
Ps: Thanks for using my skin, I appreciate it.