tght's Mod Application (DDNet USA)

Staff applications are currently not accepted.
Join our discord (https://ddnet.org/discord) for further updates.
tght

tght's Mod Application (DDNet USA)

Post by tght »

Here goes nothing.

What's up? My name is tght and I'm here to apply for USA mod. Good meme, huh? Literally nobody plays on USA. But that doesn't really matter. First of all, I'm 13 years old, turning 14 in 15 days. I live in the USA, which is why I'm applying for DDNet USA. As for languages, I don't speak fluently in Spanish or Korean but I can pick up the basic gist of sentences, while I'm fluent in English. I've been playing on DDNet for around 2 years. It may not seem like a lot to you 10-yearers but it's definetly enough to familiarize yourself with the community and the rules.
I had a small issue with the next requirement. It asks for how long I can be active on the Nserver each week. I'm not going to grind 7 hours of DDNet each day - if anyone does that, it's a really bad sign of time management. I probably get in at least 45 minutes each day to peek around and say hi to friends. Additionally, I can be active on Discord and open up the client at any time from 6:00PM to 11:00PM on weekdays and dawn to dusk on weekends (UTC-6:00). Speaking about Discord, my tag is louis#2121.
I haven't had a long life, for sure. Being only 14 years of age, I've only had around 2 or 3 years of experience with online communities and games. Even within that small time frame, I did manage to pick up a few leadership roles. I have staffed for a few small Minecraft servers, although nothing big. I really hate to bring up school in here, but I am a straight A kiddo with many positions at school and around my community as well. I am also the creator for the unofficial AoPS Discord (over 100 members), if that means anything. Other than that, I haven't been able to interact with bigger communities enough to the point where I obtain modship.
Now, usually, USA's DDNet doesn't get an absurd number of funvotes. But, a problem still remains. When there is a funvoter, there's no moderator around to stop him/her. If you visit DDNet's staff page, you can see that the only two moderators are W' and NoHack2Win. With only teo moderators, it'll be hard to monitor the servers 24/7. It's always good to have extra moderation than to have time gaps where players are free to troll and block as much as they want. So, with the addition of a new moderator, I could make sure that there aren't any trollers tryna mess up my game. Even I've had a fair share of funvotes on me while I was merely trying to race - at least half of them worked. I hope to make sure that no funvotes will work. The main problem with DDNet is the lack of new players, and the fragile mod team is one of the reasons that discourages new players from coming on and having a good time.
The last thing I'd like to talk about is my behavior towards some people. I do joke around a lot, and some could possibly say I "troll". The main difference that distinguishes me from actual trolls - I only joke around with my friends and people that I know. I will never negatively joke with people that I don't know or are not comfortable with. If I ever joked around with you and possibly gave you a negative connotation on my behavior, please talk to me so we can get things resolved. I know that some people may think I'm being a troll to other members, but I assure you, it's always just banter. I will never abuse my modship or troll using privileged powers. If you're at the end, thanks for reading all of this, and feel free to ask any questions!
Last edited by tght on Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aqu
COMMUNITY Team
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/aqu

Re: tght's Mod Application (DDNet USA)

Post by aqu »

what did i just witness...
tght

Post by tght »

jokes aside, it is very long. sorry if it bored you.
NoHack2Win
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/NoHack2Win/

Post by NoHack2Win »

NoHack2Win is more of a ZCatch guy - really? I haven't played zcatch in like 7 months because no one plays on Zcatch USA anymore and don't feel like playing with 160 ping on GER servers so... and I do check up on the servers everyday, don't really see you much around but who knows, different time zones. Plus I'm mostly on the eu servers, since the most problems occur there, and barely moderation is needed on USA servers.

As for your korean, where did you learn korean? Or are you korean yourself? Pretty cool
tght

Post by tght »

Sorry. Not sure really what servers you visited but thought you played a lot of some other gamemode. I see you a few times, you're usually just seeing who's on as you said.

I'm half Korean myself and I learned when I was younger.

edit: i edited OP and changed the part to be more accurate
jao

Post by jao »

Why did you apply again? Didn’t I already accept you :o

On a serious note: Seems like you put in a good amount of effort into the app, but I have a hard time imagining you fit as mod. As you said yourself, people see you as a troll, they won’t really take you seriously. Also, you’re young, which isn’t bad per se, but you aren’t really showing that you’re mature enough..
tght

Post by tght »

I agree with you - it makes sense to see me as a troll based on previous circumstances. On the other hand, everyone can change, and I'm trying to make sure others don't see me as immature.

I see your points and completely understand if I'm not exactly eligible at this time.
jao

Post by jao »

Sure everyone can change, doesn't happen over night tho
tght

Post by tght »

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that. Take New Years Resolutions as an example. Many things can change about a personality quickly.
worstwish
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/deen/
Mapper profile: https://ddnet.tw/mappers/Silex/
Clan: wankers

Post by worstwish »

new year new me