Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Staff applications are currently not accepted.
Join our discord (https://ddnet.org/discord) for further updates.
ZoOoM
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/-11391-o-216-o-11374--46-7z/
Clan: Seirei
YouTube: user/ZoOoM1706

Re: Moderation on zCatch DDNet GER

Post by ZoOoM »

Prankster wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:50 pm Oh yes yes yes. This is exactly what I am talking about. A moderator shouldn't be only kind to their friends. It will cause the zCatch community to become a close circle. But I feel tired of elaborating on this.
1. It will always be suspicion, unless noby invents some zoom protection feature.
2. You are just showing again that strangers are not very welcomed in your eye (which luckily doesn't mean that they are not welcomed by other zCatch members). You will just make zCatch a place where you can have fun with your friends and the others will suffer strong discrimination (eg new players will be more often kicked for camping or spraying; if your friend has issues with someone you don't know he will be an easy victim of banning etc.). Just run your own server if that's your goal and don't steal DDNet's. In my opinion zCatch is doing pretty well currently, I don't think it lacks moderators. There are some funvotes every now and then, but that's just part of the game. Most of the times there's a zCatch server that is full or nearly full, and it has been going like that for pretty long, while other gamemodes have died out. The biggest problem is that currently noob players get banned too easily, so they can't improve, leading them to other gamemodes, causing zCatch to loose popularity. Currently it's not a very big problem, but if someone like you helped this process, then it will most likely loose a great ton of popularity.
This is a ridiculous attempt to make me incompetent in moderation. No proofs, no real facts, just a dialogue about your internal mental disorders.
Prankster wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:50 pm Yes, you are absolutely correct. I am just trying to show the admins what kind of person you actually are so that they can think twice before they accept you.
Thank you that you make that spectacle to show admins how I can perform in different situation.
Prankster
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Prankster
Mapper profile: https://ddnet.tw/mappers/Prankster
Clan: BlockMark

Post by Prankster »

ZoOoM wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:29 pm Thank you that you make that spectacle to show admins how I can perform in different situation.
No problem buddy, glad that I could help
js_hd
Clan: Mystic

Post by js_hd »

Prankster wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:50 pm

I appreciate that you have registered just to support Zooom.7z's application. You sound like a cool dude to me, even if our point of view regarding to the situation differs, I really like how you expressed your opinion. You sound much more mature than Zooom himself. But I would like to point out that even though I have almost no doubts that Zooom is a beloved member of the community with a lot of friends, he is not capable of moderating the server with such a wide range of players. A server where he plays with his friends only? - sure go ahead. But you should just try to confront him only a little bit and you would see the other side of the story - what it means not to be a friend of the moderator. A good moderator gets to show his capability of the power when he deals with "bad" guys rather than his friends. And there are players in the community who can deal with bad guys pretty well, for example Mystogan.

Everyone is kind with their friends, it's not a big deal. But who are the ones that are kind with their enemies? Those are the people that we need.
(Disclaimer: being kind with your enemy doesn't mean you don't ban him, punish him or anything, don't misinterpret it.)
While I understand your point regarding how you think ZoOoM.7z would handle players violating the srules of the server I still disagree about him not being able to be moderator. As everyone of us that plays zCatch, he also meets players that flame and are often provocative, how he reacts to that doesn't say anything about how he would handle being a server moderator. It is far from logical to decide whether he is fit for this role judging so superficially. I don't know how much you play zCatch as I have never seen you, but I highly doubt you know him well enough or as much as some of us do. If he has a quarrel with someone who he doesn't like doesn't mean he will abuse his admin priviledges.
jao

Post by jao »

Accepted, give me or snail a PM on Discord.