Discussion: Changes to the DDrace Network

Read and discuss official announcements, information and news about the DDRaceNetwork.
Forum rules
Please consider wheter there is a more appropiate subforum before creating a new thread here.
This is for offical DDRaceNetwork-related information and discussion only.
Im 'corneum
Clan: ☭birming

Re: Discussion: Changes to the DDrace Network

Post by Im 'corneum »

I may be talking sweet to you but i mean it.... with no bad intention :*

Wait a minute.. you were practically the konsti of ddmax. :D
reply to this post or your mom will die in her sleep tonight
Silex
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Silex/

Post by Silex »

stop flirting corneum
GG Kid
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Bolto/
Clan: Kerger

Post by GG Kid »

This is not a dating forum Sir. ok jokes aside; it's amazing to think that are responsible deen was a troll is his day, but this is why people like SP|some & Konsti are important parts of are ecosystem. when i said admins are lazy that was a joke off of worstwish, sorry you don't get that, it's just hard to communicate in an intelligent way around here sometimes, i'm sure you understand.

i all so understand
nail, heinrich5991 and Learath2 are pretty active as admins. You have to consider that they also have their lives to live, they don't get paid for administrating, and no matter what choice they make someone will end up pissed.
my issue is that it's very un clear who's responsible for want, when it come to the very top. just look at memberlist.php?mode=team you see that theres a Retired Administrator, three Technical Team: Team Leaders, one coder & a helper. & then there's index the USER. my mind keeps asking the question of who is the Administrator, but i had no answer till a asked. i guess thats the way you guys want it.

now on to the here & now: Botting: The DDrace network is claiming to come down hard on anyone they think is using bots. so i guess it's time i come clean, maybe you should too. who knows, maybe if i make an insulting joke about Deen, i can get Banned for life also. what do you think about the name "GGrace"? the acronym for "Good Game Racing"
Last edited by GG Kid on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im 'corneum
Clan: ☭birming

Post by Im 'corneum »

So you want to start a new ddrace server?
reply to this post or your mom will die in her sleep tonight
GG Kid

DDnet 11.1.2 releases, my thoughts

Post by GG Kid »

no, i just said that to further my point.(& i though it was funny) i should stay away from that sort of thing....
but back to the here & now: So every one should know DDnet 11.1.1 released yesterday & 11.1.2 was released today. what you might not know is that those changes are not all implemented on the release date. like '/pausevoted' and '/specvoted' was around on March 2, almost a month before you saw it in the change-log, so if you want to get the latest information on changes follow the github.
now on to the changesShow
/modhelp chat command by Ryozuki. with this description "Request the help of a moderator with a description of the problem". my thoughts: wow Ryozuki is making moderation better, sounds like a great idea... if your not a moderator, whats to prevent the abuse of this summing? you should grab enough info from these reporters to ban them, yes i know that one can only use it so often but i feel sorry for the mods as the troll around here are good at what they do. hope this one turns out.

Remove unused inp_grab [Deen AKA def-] with this description "Use forceful input grabbing method". my thoughts: unused? well i never used it until today, & it fixes a weird issue a had that when i open the client i have to mouse click for the game to "grab" my mouse, you might remember that i'm staying on 11.0.2 for now, because of the emoji's. so i tried 11.1.2 & the issue was gone, i guess the bug was fix some where. awesome job Deen :)

i already tested about some of them, like name-banning, but every system has it's bugs :)

there are some changes that go on without much notice, here's an interesting one: Only count distinct client IP addresses for minimum player vote count

more Dummy controls by [QingGo] you can now make your dummy Fire Hammer Hook
& Jump with the press of a button, & the off/off status can be toggle too! cl_control_dummy is written in the change log but it was change to cl_dummy_control. yes please fix that!

use cl_dummy_control 1 & bind space "+toggle cl_dummy_jump 1 0 ; +jump" to try it (dummy should jump with you), optionally reverse the one & zero for the dummy to jump when you let go of space. (fun :) ) serves to give a sight delay because pressing keys times time.

personally i'm looking foreword to seeing someone who masters this system. #Power-to-the-Dummys! my advice to anyone who want's to start using this is use script binds like in my tutorial, so as to keep things clean & neat, will be easier on the brain too after you got used to it.

Misc UI changes: Old UI icons , New UI icons. i'm not a fan of the new look, too big & rounded for me, it's a minor complaint though.

i also see a trend to collect much more meta data, lots of it, i hope it's used for the betterment of the DDrace network, your information is there for better or worse, like it or not.
so to some it up: generally improving the game, but as usual with change there are regressions, nothing major, just little stuff lost along the way. (one mans Bug is another mans Feature)
this is why updating is not always a good idea, personally i manually download & run client versions in isolation of each other when major changes happen. this & making copy's of your settings you the best things you can do to protect your self from having to redo your settings.
now about indexShow
his last active date is obscured & his last post in on Feb 13 & his team rank has been User for about 2 months, i also send a DM with no reply, it's not in my inbox anymore though, it's make me think he has finally moved on to other things. of course he could just be taking a break, & the web site could be broken. ether way i'ed say his time here is coming to a close. i wish you the best with your life index, peace be with you, sorry for meaning angry. if a reply comes it really matters little, my point sill holds.
well i have waisted enough of all are time today, enjoy the rest you still have.
deen
TECHNICAL Team
Player profile: https://ddnet.org/players/deen/
Discord: deen#5910

Re: DDnet 11.1.2 releases, my thoughts

Post by deen »

GG Kid wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:27 am i also see a trend to collect much more meta data, lots of it, i hope it's used for the betterment of the DDrace network, your information is there for better or worse, like it or not.
From what I can tell we have teehistorian, which records player inputs (real data, not metadata) without chat. This was used to identify cheaters. Other data, like real IP addresses or chat, is deleted after approximately 2 days. Whispers are never visible to DDNet admins and aren't logged anywhere, though administrators of other servers could easily add that of course. Also, all communication with the game server happens unencrypted, so everyone inbetween can also read and log all of your data.
GG Kid

Privacy/Cheating on/in The DDrace Network

Post by GG Kid »

so your point is Teeworlds never had any privacy to begin with, & the information collected is mostly good for Banning cheaters. & i understand that, my point was that DDnet is recording this information now, this is important to me & i though it might be to others, even though i didn't understand exactly how & what is stored, & what meta means here.

thanks for shedding more light on this for us! but it scares me to hear you say "From what I can tell" because i trust you, not the other admins AKA team leaders, there too 'secretive' for my taste's, if some one feels guilty the don't want others to know. or they don't think we are worth informing? don't take this wrong, i have no reason to distrust them other them my personal feelings. i hope in time this will change.
deen
TECHNICAL Team
Player profile: https://ddnet.org/players/deen/
Discord: deen#5910

Re: Privacy/Cheating on/in The DDrace Network

Post by deen »

GG Kid wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:57 am but it scares me to hear you say "From what I can tell" because i trust you, not the other admins AKA team leaders, there too 'secretive' for my taste's, if some one feels guilty the don't want others to know.
Well, I haven't followed the development very closely in the last months, so I might have missed something. In that case please correct me.
Konsti
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/Konsti/
Mapper profile: https://ddnet.tw/mappers/Konsti/
Clan: flawLess

Post by Konsti »

Im 'corneum wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 am I think it's shitty how all the admins act like ddbet is a big company with an image to represent. Except you deen, you can take jokes and not ban or mute people for the most harmless jokes. Weren't you kind of banned from ddmax for trolling?
Nices sarcasm :mrgreen:
I like deens work for DDNet and all the things he did is great but "not banning people for the most harmless jokes" LOL
GG Kid

Discussion: Changes to the Map 'Testing' system

Post by GG Kid »

If you have not been around the past month the Administration AKA "Team Leaders" (all though not all of them share this Admin title) have changed the map approval/integration process; viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6420 & viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6436
after some time has past now i'm talking about it, it seems to be working fine, lots of maps are being proposed & much discussion about them. i don't really test maps or keep up with releases so i am mostly ignorant but i like that Jao is getting community support, i see too many think there way is the best AKA the Truth & the Light, all at the cost of them selfs & others.

one of the reasons i make these kind of threads is to reduce the chances of it getting Locked or other whys prevented from existence, i also hope more reason will be shown as an unrelated thread gets less angry people. #Respect

Peace be with you.