Emojis in client!

Read and discuss official announcements, information and news about the DDRaceNetwork.
Forum rules
Please consider wheter there is a more appropiate subforum before creating a new thread here.
This is for offical DDRaceNetwork-related information and discussion only.

Add emoji support in next DDNet client release?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 20

lola6

Emojis in client!

Post by lola6 »

We only voted for removing emojis, here is poll for adding.
Bring emojis back!
Pathos

Re: Emojis in client!

Post by Pathos »

What happened to it being an option?
GG Kid
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Bolto/
Clan: Kerger

Post by GG Kid »

Pathos wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:08 pm What happened to it being an option?
it was removed, here's the thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6058

adding the same Emoji's back in to the client is a bad solution, it's clear too many people dislike that set, adding it back in would only serve to divide the DDNet community further. what DDnet could use is ddrace relevant Emoji's, like some for weapons, tee skins, arrows, etc. simple, basic. forget all the other Emoji's!
lola6

Post by lola6 »

GG Kid wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:23 am

adding the same Emoji's back in to the client is a bad solution, it's clear too many people dislike that set, adding it back in would only serve to divide the DDNet community further. what DDnet could use is ddrace relevant Emoji's, like some for weapons, tee skins, arrows, etc. simple, basic. forget all the other Emoji's!
You make me sad GG Kid :(
Pathos

Post by Pathos »

GG Kid wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:23 am

Right, I understand this. Why not just have it as an option? I thought that was the way it was going to go.

Haven't heard of removing a feature instead of having it as an option.
GG Kid
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Bolto/
Clan: Kerger

Re: Emojis in client?

Post by GG Kid »

Well if they had it as an option people would use it & encourage others to use it, which is the fear of every one against Emoji's. i'm slowly finding out what deen says is true"no matter what choice they make someone will end up pissed" so he made the smart choice of removing the thing that was the source of conflict. as i said earlier: so just take that pull request & merge it to a fork & compile that, them it will function how you like! thats the great thing about Open-source, you are free to modify the client how you please!

as long as you don't be naughty it seems you may use any client you please. although i hate to say it: he takes what we say to seriously, we are a bunch of stupid kids yelling at each other, each wanting are own way. thats why we need deen as a parent, guiding us along are DDnet adventure. please don't take my metaphor out of contexts, we have enough of that already.

personally i'm staying on 11.0.1 because of the Emoji's & third Dynamic camera.
lola

Post by lola »

GG Kid wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:28 am Well if they had it as an option people would use it & encourage others to use it, which is the fear of every one against Emoji's. i'm slowly finding out what deen says is true"no matter what choice they make someone will end up pissed" so he made the smart choice of removing the thing that was the source of conflict. as i said earlier: so just take that pull request & merge it to a fork & compile that, them it will function how you like! thats the great thing about Open-source, you are free to modify the client how you please!

as long as you don't be naughty it seems you may use any client you please. although i hate to say it: he takes what we say to seriously, we are a bunch of stupid kids yelling at each other, each wanting are own way. thats why we need deen as a parent, guiding us along are DDnet adventure. please don't take my metaphor out of contexts, we have enough of that already.

personally i'm staying on 11.0.1 because of the Emoji's & third Dynamic camera.
Will they ban me if I compile the client with emojis and use them actively? I don't want to be banned pls
heinrich5991

Post by heinrich5991 »

lola wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:58 am Will they ban me if I compile the client with emojis and use them actively? I don't want to be banned pls
You won't be banned for using emojis as long as you don't violate any other rules (e.g. spamming).
mokuz
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Mokuz/
Mapper profile: https://ddnet.tw/mappers/Mokuz/
Clan: Legendary

Post by mokuz »

How about just let this thread die out, k?
SpoilerShow
Nothing to see here uwu
mods banned my previous sig :( this is censorship freedom of speech is dead xoxox
lola

Post by lola »

mokuz wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:51 pm How about just let this thread die out, k?
mokuz could you please don't?