Take Binding to the next level, with Scripting!

Read tips and guides about teeworlds-related subjects (mapping, compiling, ..).
GG Kid
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Bolto/
Clan: Kerger

Hello & welcome!

Post by GG Kid »

Haha! some one actually uses my Scripts :) i literally though of those just for this post, yes they aren't battle tested from an old warier, no grandma's old recipes here.
lola4

Re: Take Binding to the next level, with Scripting!

Post by lola4 »

introducing.cfg is kind of spam script?
senpa'
Clan: nimo
YouTube: user/nickelodeon

Post by senpa' »

i use do a heart when shoot / open chat
finish me pls

I want helper
GG Kid

About my "Spam Script"

Post by GG Kid »

all depends on how you use it, the thing i like about that one if how the positioning of the commands affect if they will executed by the server. this is because the server only excepts & processes commands so fast, so if you do Spam that script it will give different results, initially i tried to force the client to delay sending each one so the server would process every one but the only why i know how was to bog down the client by doing something, witch you felt big time in the FPS, so spaming the server was the sound best option. DDnet's client is pretty limited, so i make do with what i got.
senpa' wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:43 pm i use do a heart when shoot / open chat
thats easy,
bind t "+show_chat; chat all :heart: "
although more useful is bind slash "+show_chat; chat all /" because who does not use chat commands?
senpa'
Clan: nimo
YouTube: user/nickelodeon

Post by senpa' »

TL;DR
finish me pls

I want helper
lola6

Post by lola6 »

GG Kid could you please create the bind script that register new account on ddnet forum? I need it for ... some research purposes. Thanks in advance!
GG Kid

Post by GG Kid »

sorry but the DDnet scripting system does not allow that to be done.

careful this high you have will end & most likely with you regretting you actions.
GG Kid

An update :)

Post by GG Kid »

i updated the "Precision hooking.cfg" Script so now it shows your hook collision line on it's own, no more pressing another key!

Deen added "cl_show_hook_coll_always" (Show every players' hook collision line even if they're not using it) that will show every ones collision line. although this over rides the two old commands "cl_show_hook_coll_own" & "cl_show_hook_coll_other" making them useless if used. so not the best implementation but at least it gets the job done, this whole these some odd to me though, like the old Dynamic camera, maybe someone will make it more sensible some day.

also thanks to ChillerDragon i lowerd the mousesens value from 5 to 1, those where the two reasons i had the second bind * now there gone! so DDnet does improve every now & then :) only took 8 months...

just subscribe to this topic to get notified when/if i update it again
deen
TECHNICAL Team
Player profile: https://ddnet.org/players/deen/
Discord: deen#5910

Re: An update :)

Post by deen »

GG Kid wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:31 pmmaybe someone will make it more sensible some day.
How should it work in your opinion?
GG Kid

Discussion.... & an update?

Post by GG Kid »

sense i don't understand the application of that command out side of my scripts i'm have no better way of doing whats getting done, thats why it reminds me of the weird third camera of old (viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6387).
if some one showed me usage examples i'd have some advice.

if it's meant to allow the hook collision line to always stay on then it almost replaces the old way (hold the hook collision key & press F1, let go of the hook collision key & get out of the console by pressing F1 again) but it does not allow you to customize it with cl_show_hook_coll_own & cl_show_hook_coll_other so not really great there.

if it's meant to be a quick 'show every ones hook collision' then it's awesome, but i see few using that.

if it's the first case then i think "cl_show_hook_coll_own" & "cl_show_hook_coll_other" should affect it, if it's the second then nothing should be done, for me it servers as an activate & hold function for the +showhookcoll action, depreciating the necessity of holding a key.

you see i don't know why did you add it? so enlighten me! i might be about to make more sense out of this.

but wait didn't you say subscribe for updates? all i see is you talking with deen.... well here you go: i have been playing around with actions (plus commands like +jump) & Scripts & found out one awesome thing; you can Spam Fire with those :!: i though about keeping this one to my self, so not to have every one Spamming Hammer but after realizing it's limitations i think it will be more beneficial then harmful to DDnet, it should help noobs hammer others though walls, a lot like the 'Noob Bind' that that allows you to shoot strait up with ease.

it's interesting to play with others creations, the in's & out's. please leave Feedback, i do like to hear that :) Version 3 was a lie!