New Rank: Helper

Read and discuss official announcements, information and news about the DDRaceNetwork.
Forum rules
Please consider wheter there is a more appropiate subforum before creating a new thread here.
This is for offical DDRaceNetwork-related information and discussion only.
jao

Post by jao »

Over the past months we've been evaluating the moderation situation on the servers. As a result, today we introduce a new rank into our team to improve the situation and to prepare staff members for their possible promotion to a Moderator. This rank is called Helper and is similar to how the Moderator rank works.
The major difference is that Helpers only have permissions to force votes off and to mute players - they can't ban or kick. It brings some responsibilty, but is easier to handle for us if someone abuses their powers.

Requirements:
  • Fluency in the main server language to which you are applying (English for GER)
  • Frequent in-game activity
  • Good forum and in-game behavior
  • Discord
  • Dedication to helping other people
  • Be able to:
    • Be mature
    • Communicate well
    • Handle your power responsibly
If you are interested, please send in your application follwing the Moderator Application Instructions. Note that you may be directly accepted as a Moderator if we see fit for you.
meew'
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/meew-39-/
Clan: Möhre

Re: New Rank: Helper

Post by meew' »

good forum behaviour seems like im perfect for this or not dear aaa?
911 mapping police
GG Kid
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Bolto/
Clan: Kerger

Post by GG Kid »

Was this feature not added some time ago? why use it now? i know you have said "Over the past months we've been evaluating the moderation situation on the servers." but you also say "we introduce a new rank..." so your saying DDnet had this feature for some time but no helpers for official DDnet server until now?
from the DDNet 9.1 (2016-01-05) Changelog "[Server] Add a new rcon access level "helper" (#356)"

as a side note: do you really care what the community says when your choosing Moderators & Helpers? or are they just waisting every ones time?
jao

Post by jao »

I think helper auth level was added for Test Servers originally as normal users have to be able to use rcon commands (super, rcon movements) there, but shouldn't be able to ban/kick others.
It was also used on the normal servers for some time, but not as a moderation rank. It was given to certain users to prevent them from being fun-voted - they didn't have access to any rcon command though.

Yes we care about community feedback. That's also a reason to why we at least wait 2 weeks before accepting applications, the community has to have some time to give (negative) feedback ;)
Silex
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Silex/

Post by Silex »

Lame
senpa'
Clan: nimo
YouTube: user/nickelodeon

Post by senpa' »

i want to be helper
finish me pls