Waft by Fňokurka oo7 (novice map)

Share your ddrace-related map with the community.
The official map testing moved to our discord (https://ddnet.org/discord).
Forum rules
You can join the official testservers and support the testing staff anytime.
Be sure to share your feedback in the appropiate discord channel.
  • Server PW: nimrocks
  • Rcon Access (F2): test4321
fokkonaut
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/fokkonaut

Re: Waft by Fňokurka oo7 (novice map)

Post by fokkonaut »

jao wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:40 pmLiterally 50% of the map is straight running with a few jumps
Tropica
Last edited by fokkonaut on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayB.
Clan: TOP

Post by RayB. »

hi_leute_gll wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:26 pm What you are basically saying is:
You pick the opinions you like and use them as arguments, while others aren't relevant.
No, that's literally what you did xD
hi_leute_gll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:02 pm So additionally to BannZay's and my opinion i asked for aaa's one.
The conclusion is that this map won't be released, sry.
Welf wrote:Yeah let's stop arguing. Broken, me and at least 2 trial testers thought it should be released, but who cares :D #newddnet
hi_leute_gll wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:26 pm Nice. And while doing so you don't even think these opinions could be based on wrong facts.
I do not think so :O
hi_leute_gll wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:26 pm Just because a pro thinks the map is good for lower Moderate, it doesn't mean it really is. :o
mean that it isn't. :shock:
Also I'm not just a pro :/
(thanks that you called me a pro)
jao wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:40 pm It has way to many filler parts. Literally 50% of the map is straight running with a few jumps or novice 1* drags. I agree that the actual Moderate parts are fine, but that's not enough to release the map!
Filler parts are important.
hi_leute_gll
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/hi-95-leute-95-gll/
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/hi-95-leute-95-gll/
Clan: iMTG

Post by hi_leute_gll »

Didn't mean you with 'pro', but okay...
We have people who explain why exactly the map is bad, others just say it's awesome. So either we listen to the people with arguments and just forget this map or release it and watch it being forgotton after 2 hours.
.hi._.leute._.gll. | iMTGmember
RayB.

Post by RayB. »

hi_leute_gll wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 am Didn't mean you with 'pro', but okay...
We have people who explain why exactly the map is bad, others just say it's awesome. So either we listen to the people with arguments and just forget this map or release it and watch it being forgotton after 2 hours.
hi_leute_gll wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:53 pm A Mod 1* player can't do this parts, but go ahead, release the next map which will result in flame and let even more players run away.^^
So much facts. How didn't I come to recognize this obvious stuff.

I don't see the logic behind leaving a game because one map doesn't suit you neither the one behind how you are able to say that. You went through the server and asked everyone if he wants to leave when this map gets released?

Server will be full for days like with every other easy map. So please speak for yourself and don't make up things.

Player wait for this to get released even tho It got declined that means something. It wont be forgotten after 2 hours when it didn't got forgotten after 2 years.

Some parts are easier than the other got it. Only fact I see beside that the map is fun and wanted. The harder parts are short still easy and good to practice. Don't tell me a moderate 1 player can't pass them lol. I don't see anything wrong with this.
SpoilerShow
RayB. wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:43 pm Imo perfect map to start playing lower moderate.
hi_leute_gll wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:26 pm Just because a pro thinks the map is good for lower Moderate, it doesn't mean it really is. :o
hi_leute_gll wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 am Didn't mean you with 'pro', but okay...
Sure
hi_leute_gll

Post by hi_leute_gll »

Take a careful look at the posting-date, pls. 2015! Back then many people started to reduce their time spent in Tw drastically. One of the reasons were tons of bad maps. DDNet has shrunken massivly.

Your arguments are all made in a way I can easily turn them around:
"Don't tell me a moderate 1 player can pass them lol"
"I don't see anything good with this."
"Just 3 guys think that this map is good."

Basically it's just about throwing personal opinions at each other. The one side wants to release everything with a start and finish-tile (Welf), others want to play good maps (me) and you change your opinion in every thread. xD

Only thing which is 'fact' in this case is the experience made with previous maps. These experiences were pretty bad, thus it is very likely this map won't be appreciated by the players very much. There are still a lot of complaints about bad maps. Most are just played for points and then disappear. This map here is just another one.
The community surely doesn't want to decide for itself whether a map is good. People don't want to waste their time with things, they don't enjoy.

But well...if you are really one of these guys who have to smash their had against a wall over and over...go ahead...We'll all see that you were wrong. :D

PS: Seems like this 'pro'-thingy is really important for you, lel.
PPS: RayB. edited his part massivly (like always) while I wrote this, but I am not going to change the post.

EDIT: Somehow I think you are talking about a different map. Or took too many drugs, Idk. But the way you describe the map is far away from reality.
Welf
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/Welf/
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Welf/

Post by Welf »

Nobody left ddnet, because we spammed bad maps (well not many people). That is a myth, you cannot prove it! Even if we release many bad maps, we don't reduce the amount of good maps, since they get released, too. Maybe it is rather like "i left because i am not capable of different opinions"(hi_leute_gll).
Why do you think that you have the truth and others don't? That is so ridiculous. Can you finally accept, that you are not an expert on everything? Well i wont argue with you xD

I declined a map a few days ago, so don't tell lies about me. You didn't even try to understand my philosphy of map testing i guess xD

Please never forget that bad maps HURT, it is pain to play them. I saw many people dieing because of bad maps.
RayB.

Post by RayB. »

hi_leute_gll wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 am Take a careful look at the posting-date, pls. 2015! Back then many people started to reduce their time spent in Tw drastically. One of the reasons were tons of bad maps. DDNet has shrunken massivly.
Ah so it wasn't because ddnet was about to die and did shut down for a day and player were pissed that you were admin and didn't release what they wanted?
Best example Grandpa? huh
We all know how right you are when you start to speak for other people or how true your facts are.

Well DDnet was on the edge you were admin. People wanted to leave some did some of them maybe not.
I do not know anyone that left because of the map quality. Do you ? I only knew some guys that threatned to leave when you stay as an admin.
hi_leute_gll wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 am Your arguments are all made in a way I can easily turn them around:
"Don't tell me a moderate 1 player can pass them lol"
"I don't see anything good with this."
"Just 3 guys think that this map is good."

At the one hand you tell me to make sure if something isn't wrong facts.. and now after I did look trough the maps and only see wrong facts coming from you. You are turning arguments around instead of devalueing them as always.
hi_leute_gll wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 am Basically it's just about throwing personal opinions at each other. The one side wants to release everything with a start and finish-tile (Welf), others want to play good maps (me) and you change your opinion in every thread. xD
I like to play good maps indeed. That's why I like to play this one.
hi_leute_gll wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 am Only thing which is 'fact' in this case is the experience made with previous maps. These experiences were pretty bad, thus it is very likely this map won't be appreciated by the players very much. There are still a lot of complaints about bad maps. Most are just played for points and then disappear. This map here is just another one.
All maps get played for points that's a problem of DDNet. You can't fix that one. A few maps meet the taste of more player that's the thing.
hi_leute_gll wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 am The community surely doesn't want to decide for itself whether a map is good. People don't want to waste their time with things, they don't enjoy.
Ah okay. So no one did share his opinion here and said the map is good. Ingame there will be the natural hater like you who hate every map and some guys who enjoy the well made map. From the opinions here I think the natural hater won't be the majority.
hi_leute_gll wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 am But well...if you are really one of these guys who have to smash their had against a wall over and over...go ahead...We'll all see that you were wrong. :D
Ok you realize this map is still in testing and I'm just sharing my opinion.
hi_leute_gll wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 am EDIT: Somehow I think you are talking about a different map. Or took too many drugs, Idk. But the way you describe the map is far away from reality.
Ah okay, so when someone doesn't share your opinion he is under drugs. Nice to know.
Silex
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Silex/

Post by Silex »

8-)
hi_leute_gll

Post by hi_leute_gll »

Damn, I'm out of popcorn. brb
jao

Post by jao »

This map looks like a remake of Fnokurka's map. Imo it's better than Waft, has a bit more variation and creative ideas. What about testing and releasing Lina instead of this? (If pixel is ok and Fnokurka gets credit maybe) :D