moderators defending blockers and toxic community

Read and discuss official announcements, information and news about the DDRaceNetwork.
Forum rules
Please consider wheter there is a more appropiate subforum before creating a new thread here.
This is for offical DDRaceNetwork-related information and discussion only.
kettu
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/kettu/

moderators defending blockers and toxic community

Post by kettu »

Saturday, I was irreversibly blocked by a player while a trial moderator was around. The player who blocked me is a notorious blocker and he's being voted off the servers all the time. The trial moderator - just a fish - however didn't see the necessity to intervene, citing that he didn't witness the blocking himself and demanded me to provide evidence which I couldn't.

It's very unlikely to fail at that particular position, and given the reputation of the accused player, it's quite a stretch to give him the benefit of the doubt. Instead, just a fish chose to rather rebuke me for "funvoting", using strong language. I admit that I called votes to kick that particular blocker three or even four times, but I can't help but think just a fish doesn't quite understand the term "funvote" and regards himself as the attorney of the accused players.

The pinnacle was when just a fish called a vote to kick a player who was "blocking" inactive players at the very start. So according to him, I'm "funvoting" when I try to kick a notorious blocker but he gives himself the right to call a vote to kick a player who's goofing around but not harming anybody in the process.

Yesterday, the accused blocker engaged in his usual lame behaviour which are blocking, funvotes and generally laming around. Furthermore, he is connected with likeminded lamers and they whisper each other what to do. I got blocked by one of his buddies, but I have learnt to record my games to provide evidence in hopes of moderators taking action. Then however, another player called me retarded for having naive hopes for moderators actually doing something, and I believe him to be right: How can it be that players like the mentioned can pursue their lame activities for months without facing consequences?

Later that day, the accused player thought it'd be a good idea to impersonate my character, copying name and skin, and engage in blocking players and funvoting. He however is just one example of a lamer, and these lamers in conjunction with inactive or even defending moderators contribute to a toxic community, which is a pity as the game itself is stellar.

I was getting angry about another moderator hesitating to come to action about a particular player who does nothing but block. That moderator later banned him for an hour, but it took ten minutes for him to become active - and about ten dead tees. On my question why he banned him for a mere hour he answered that that's supposed to be a long time. I was flabbergasted. As expected, the blocker just went to another server to pursue his activities there.

Why can't a narrow IP-range of these lamers be banned for good on all servers? I have spoken to players who play in teams all the time only because of the particular blockers who are known to be blockers but nothing gets done about them.

In this topic, I intentionally didn't name the accused blocker. If anyone happens to be interested, I will write a personal message with his name along with those of other notorious blockers and lamers.
RayB.
Clan: TOP

Re: moderators defending blockers and toxic community

Post by RayB. »

just a fish is right. If he or no one else witnessed this block expect you he cant just trust your word and kick him.
What is the real nickname of the player ? You can share it since this would be a helpful information for all player.
Ryozuki
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/Ryozuki/
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Ryozuki/
Clan: Unique
Discord: Ryozuki#2188

Post by Ryozuki »

If this happens repeated times (the blocker blocking) you can also make a post in the forum so all moderators will be aware of him.
kettu

Post by kettu »

RayB. wrote:What is the real nickname of the player ? You can share it since this would be a helpful information for all player.
Okay, you convinced me: The name of the aforementioned blocker is Jesus Christ.
Ryozuki wrote:If this happens repeated times (the blocker blocking) you can also make a post in the forum so all moderators will be aware of him.
Well, regard this topic as such then. As stated in the OP, Jesus Christ is a notorious blocker and has been blocking and funvoting for months.
kettu

Post by kettu »

I am in the position of providing the first evidence of Jesus Christ being a blocker. I was lucky to have seen him nearby while I was spectating and started recording.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to access the demo from the file browser. Does anybody know how to access the demo files under Linux?
jao

Post by jao »

Don't need evidence. I saw him blocking often =D
Jesus Christ
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Jesus-32-Christ/

Post by Jesus Christ »

kettu wrote:Saturday, I was irreversibly blocked by a player while a trial moderator was around. The player who blocked me is a notorious blocker and he's being voted off the servers all the time. The trial moderator - just a fish - however didn't see the necessity to intervene, citing that he didn't witness the blocking himself and demanded me to provide evidence which I couldn't.

It's very unlikely to fail at that particular position, and given the reputation of the accused player, it's quite a stretch to give him the benefit of the doubt. Instead, just a fish chose to rather rebuke me for "funvoting", using strong language. I admit that I called votes to kick that particular blocker three or even four times, but I can't help but think just a fish doesn't quite understand the term "funvote" and regards himself as the attorney of the accused players.

The pinnacle was when just a fish called a vote to kick a player who was "blocking" inactive players at the very start. So according to him, I'm "funvoting" when I try to kick a notorious blocker but he gives himself the right to call a vote to kick a player who's goofing around but not harming anybody in the process.

Yesterday, the accused blocker engaged in his usual lame behaviour which are blocking, funvotes and generally laming around. Furthermore, he is connected with likeminded lamers and they whisper each other what to do. I got blocked by one of his buddies, but I have learnt to record my games to provide evidence in hopes of moderators taking action. Then however, another player called me retarded for having naive hopes for moderators actually doing something, and I believe him to be right: How can it be that players like the mentioned can pursue their lame activities for months without facing consequences?

Later that day, the accused player thought it'd be a good idea to impersonate my character, copying name and skin, and engage in blocking players and funvoting. He however is just one example of a lamer, and these lamers in conjunction with inactive or even defending moderators contribute to a toxic community, which is a pity as the game itself is stellar.

I was getting angry about another moderator hesitating to come to action about a particular player who does nothing but block. That moderator later banned him for an hour, but it took ten minutes for him to become active - and about ten dead tees. On my question why he banned him for a mere hour he answered that that's supposed to be a long time. I was flabbergasted. As expected, the blocker just went to another server to pursue his activities there.

Why can't a narrow IP-range of these lamers be banned for good on all servers? I have spoken to players who play in teams all the time only because of the particular blockers who are known to be blockers but nothing gets done about them.

In this topic, I intentionally didn't name the accused blocker. If anyone happens to be interested, I will write a personal message with his name along with those of other notorious blockers and lamers.

tl;dr
maybe i block sometimes, but on start/spawn, not in half race or finish
i think it is no harmful, if u think otherwise, i can stop :3
Jesus Christ
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Jesus-32-Christ/

Post by Jesus Christ »

btw kettu ull stop funvoting me and others people, now ill ss all ur negative actions
so stop pretend to be innocent
┇»MiM«┇
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/-9479--187-M-237-M-171--9479-/

Post by ┇»MiM«┇ »

Jesus Christ wrote: tl;dr
maybe i block sometimes, but on start/spawn, not in half race or finish
Nope, tl;dr:
You're a:
Blocker,faker and a troll.

Typowy polak ^^
kettu

Post by kettu »

jao wrote:Don't need evidence. I saw him blocking often =D
I have screencast the demo but can't upload it because mp4 files aren't supported. Can someone tell me either how to access the demos or which file extensions are supported?

In the evidence I'd like to post, you see me typing. I was whispering with another moderator I enjoy playing with and he too demanded bulletproof evidence. I personally think this must be a joke, given Jesus Christ's reputation of being a blocker and general asshole. Please excuse my French.

One has to start recording every game, cut the demos if they're too long, post the files to the forum (if one can access/upload them) and by the time a moderator watches the demo, if he even can be bothered to do so, the match is over and the blocker has left, probably having blocked further players along the way. All just to prove that a known blocker is in fact a blocker.

Jesus Christ is just one example. There are others I'm sure you've heard of, but they don't get dealt with, rendering the game unenjoyable.

Jesus Christ wrote:maybe i block sometimes, but on start/spawn, not in half race or finish
Hahaha xD
Szartujesz, or however "you're joking" is written in Polish.
You have blocked me countless times midgame - one such block I can prove if I manage to upload it. You funvote like crazy, impersonated me while doing your thing, and you're known to be a blocker among many players, because that's what you do. You get voted off all the time. Lucky you that moderators are very lethargic in dealing with you blockers.
Last edited by kettu on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.