Event: RaceGores Modification

Read, discuss and share announcements about any (official and non-official) teeworlds-related event or contest.
kamillentee
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/kamillentee/
Clan: |*KoG*|

Event: RaceGores Modification

Post by kamillentee »

Hi @all

We'd like to present a new modification!

Racegores!

[bbvideo=760,430]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSr63_J1ZOg[/bbvideo]

General Information

On December 23-rd (Friday) we gonna have Tournament and after that we start an longer Racegores event.
Everyone is welcome to participate and take their chances to win.

Racegores is a new modification and basicly a mix between race and gores. So the goal of racegores is to speedrun short gores maps. The maps can include racelike techniques.

Tournament Information

Type: The best time after 60 minutes will win
Date:
23-th December 19:00 GER
(21:00 MSK)
Server: We will open a new server, just look for it before the starting tournament
Comments: There will be no Daily Event this day.

Reward for Tournament and Event

1st place
Gold
medal

2nd place
Silver
medal

3rd place
Bronze
medal

4th-6th places

Event Information

There will be break for christmas evening. But on 25-th December we are going to start a longer Event on this server. Everyday at 19.00 CET we will have a tournament on a new map lasting one hour. The best 3 will win and in the end of the week the winner of the most maps will get a medal.

Date: Sunday, 25.12.2016 to Saturday, 31.12.2016

Description of the modification

There is a new points system we made especcially to fit the needs of a rankbased modification.
There is a total of 100 points you can get as a maximum on every map. The amount of points is based on your rank and your percental time compared to the first rank. The points you get for you ranks are based on walls. If you reach a wall you are in a higher class and will get more points.

Code: Select all

Below there is a table showing the amount of points you would get for your rank.
 +-------+----------+-------- +
 | Class | Rank     |  Points |
 |-------+----------|---------+
 |   7   | >50      |    0    |
 |   6   | 50 - 26  |    10   |
 |   5   | 25 - 10  |    20   |
 |   4   | 10 - 6   |    30   |
 |   3   | 5 - 4    |    40   |
 |   2   | 2 - 3    |    55   |
 |   1   | 1        |    70   |
 +-------+----------+---------+
Additional you get points compared to the time of the first place. The closer the more. This can be up to 30. You get zero if you are worse than 1.3x rank1.

Examples:
  1. One reaches the first place. He will will get 70 Points for the rank and 30 for the time compared to first placed
  2. One is second place with a very bad time because nobody else finished yet. You will get 55 points for you rank but no points for your time.
  3. One is rank 100 and can not get points for the rank since the person is not in top50. Still the player can get points for the time if the time is near the top1 time.
In the end you get a sum of points based on your rank and your time.
In the end of every month we are trying to implement something new and interesting.
After that we are gathering players feedback and if most of them like it, we keep the idea.

Following this roadmap we implemented:

Daily Events in the end of September,

Tele-Grenade In the end of October,

Interactive Map in the end of November.

Racegores Server will be in the end of December

Stay tuned to see KoG's new projects. We make our best to bring something new and fun.

Please leave your feedback about it on this topic

p.s. It should be fine, but still be prepared that the event can fail. We made many changes to the server.
It will be something like open-beta testing.
Last edited by kamillentee on Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Index
Clan: Eagle

Re: Event: RaceGores Modification

Post by Index »

I'm hyped, thanks for always creating new challenges :3
hi_leute_gll
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/hi-95-leute-95-gll/
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/hi-95-leute-95-gll/
Clan: iMTG

Post by hi_leute_gll »

Why don't you credit the people who have originally worked on this idea? You prevented them to realize the idea just to present it as your own idea now. That is very unfair and a big asshole move.
.hi._.leute._.gll. | iMTGmember
Chairn
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/Chairn/
Clan: QuintessenZ

Post by Chairn »

He used we in every sentence...
hi_leute_gll

Post by hi_leute_gll »

Chairn wrote:He used we in every sentence...
Ye, 2 admins = "we". What's wrong with this?
SPSomeone
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/SP-32--124--32-Someone/
Clan: Somepeople

Post by SPSomeone »

hi_leute_gll wrote:Why don't you credit the people who have originally worked on this idea? You prevented them to realize the idea just to present it as your own idea now. That is very unfair and a big asshole move.
who did come up with the idea?

and they put there own names on all their server names so they made everything on kog
QshaR

Post by QshaR »

Well, the first time I heard about Racegores idea was about 3 years ago from RedFight.
I'm sure that this idea is much older and was proposed many times even before.
Since then I heard about it from lots of players, I don't even remember them all.
The idea itself is simple and interesting. There were plenty of interesting different solutions with points calculation.
Unfortunately, nobody was willing to proceed with it, so this topic was closed.

A time ago kamillentee decided to develop this modification.
There were also some suggestions about points calculation (including from hi_leute_gll).
Unfortunately some people think that their idea is the best one, perfect one and they deny any changes to it.
We are sorry that we didn't keep your points calculation idea hi_leute_gll and other things that you suggested.

In my point of view, kamillentee made almost all the hard-work.
He spent a lot of time in coding and developing this modification.
Of course there were players who really helped him with developing, testing, fixing bugs etc.
I know most of them and I know that they don't do it just to leave their name in credits.
They help because they are willing to help and make something really interesting.
I respect such people the most!

If you simply take a look at SPSomeone or hi_leute_gll posts - you see that on almost every post they are crying and complaining about something.
I don't know SPSomeone at all, maybe he is a good guy, maybe not.
But one thing I realized for myself that if you want to do something, you should talk less to such people. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to do anything.
It is not because they have a different opinion, its mostly because they just want to argue and troll.

Speaking about Racegores modification, I look forward for the release date. It should be fun, especially for Race players!
Im 'corneum
Clan: ☭birming

Post by Im 'corneum »

Will the map "Speedster" be also released on qshar?
I think this one is one of those racegores maps.
(you can find it on ddnet solo)
[mod=Index]Yea, don't remember the exact names but there are even more maps on ddnet that probably fit racegores[/mod]
reply to this post or your mom will die in her sleep tonight
hi_leute_gll

Post by hi_leute_gll »

QshaR wrote:A time ago kamillentee decided to develop this modification.
There were also some suggestions about points calculation (including from hi_leute_gll).
Didn't expect you something else than telling a wrong story, since you were never involved into this and mostly inactive back then. So let me fix that for you:

Some time ago (summer) Kero made an initial step to create a RaceGores server. Since I have quite a few connections in Teeworlds I supported him in his ideas.
We started to discuss this with kamillentee to see if there is a chance to let this become a thing on KoG. He was open for ideas and so different ideas have been shared. Then he suddenly added Hawerer to this project without asking us if it is okay. We had to accept it, cause...well...he has the server, but it was clear from the beginning on that Hawerer would mess it up, since he did the same also in Map-Testing, Kero and me cleaned-up before.
Hawerer suggested ideas which were extremely complicated, but kamillentee liked them. Thus a huge gap between our and their ideas has been created making it impossible to find a proper solution.
QshaR wrote:Unfortunately some people think that their idea is the best one, perfect one and they deny any changes to it.
Ye, that's right: kamillentee made clear then that he would accept only his own idea, since it is his server, meaning: Every kind of discussion is useless, cause only his opinion is valuable. He even left the group chat and left the project.

This was a very dissappointing situation, since all the work invested in creating point systems, the work of us, Meliodafu and Knight who were already creating maps, was just vanished.

Later then kamillentee said he would leave for the rest of the year to complete his graduation. Only 2 weeks later he came back and started to destroy the testing-system Kero and I built up.
Then he seemed to remember me saying that KoG needs new events and so him and QshaR started to implement these daily events and later on RaceGores without ever again talking to us.
QshaR wrote:We are sorry that we didn't keep your points calculation idea hi_leute_gll and other things that you suggested.
Didn't you? Let's compare what Kero and I suggested and what the current state is:

We suggested a system with "steps" instead of giving points for every single place. The goal was to create some kind of magical walls the players shall fight for. So they won't fight to reach place 53 instead of 54, but they would try to get into the Top 50, since you would get awarded for reaching this. We proposed making steps which get smaller the closer you are to the best rank, like: Top 100 -> Top 50 -> Top 25, and so on.
One of the main arguments by kamillentee against this idea was that KoG wants to support more than just 100 ranks. It shall be at least 200. Kero and me were the opinion that there won't be enough people anyway to think about such huge sizes, we should be happy if we get a few dozen really active players.

And how does it look now?
kamillentee wrote:

Code: Select all

Below there is a table showing the amount of points you would get for your rank.
 +-------+----------+-------- +
 | Class | Rank     |  Points |
 |-------+----------|---------+
 |   7   | >50      |    0    |
 |   6   | 50 - 26  |    10   |
 |   5   | 25 - 10  |    20   |
 |   4   | 10 - 6   |    30   |
 |   3   | 5 - 4    |    40   |
 |   2   | 2 - 3    |    55   |
 |   1   | 1        |    70   |
 +-------+--

Huh? Why does it look the same? Except that they even limit it to 50(!) players ( - remember: 100 wasn't enough for them).
So seems like Kero and me wasn't that far away from a good solution, or why whould you suddenly use it after telling us that there is no way for it?

But of course kamillentee wouldn't be kamillentee if he wouldn't make an overcomplicated addition to tell it isn't the same. Thus he added a percentage system which half of the players won't understand at all and which is just not intuitive. It requires some understanding for mathematics to get what is going on, a requirement which is always bad for such things. Well...good job, mate!

An additional difference is that the maps you showed in the trailer are mostly bad while the good maps of which some are even fully ready are lost somewhere on a hard drive. I guess we can agree that this isn't positive at all. But from what we could see here, dealing with mappers isn't KoGs biggest strength, so...there is nothing to wonder here, or is it?

You, QshaR, weren't active in KoG since last christmas. But you write a post here in a style which could make people think of you being always involved into this topic. But you weren't at all and have obviously no clue what is going on. Thus your final statement also doesn't wonder me at all even though it is highly contradicting with the reality:
QshaR wrote: It is not because they have a different opinion, its mostly because they just want to argue and troll.
Yep. People who invest weeks to rescue a testing-system which was about to collaps, implemented clear structures and rules which are still used by you even today. People who think about how to improve the game and even try a start to do so. These people are surely only trolls.
Silex
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Silex/

Post by Silex »

@hi_leute_gll
Nailed it. Kog seemed to be flawless, but it's not as it seems. And i thought only ddnet got problems ..