Were some maps cleared of finishes and can I get the list of them, if they did?

Read and discuss official announcements, information and news about the DDRaceNetwork.
Forum rules
Please consider wheter there is a more appropiate subforum before creating a new thread here.
This is for offical DDRaceNetwork-related information and discussion only.
Fifi
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/Fifi/

Were some maps cleared of finishes and can I get the list of them, if they did?

Post by Fifi »

I heard a rumour that some maps have been cleared of all finishes (like, all ranks on them have been removed), because they had bugs or something.
If it's true, it didn't affect me much (maybe even not at all), but I would like to finish again the ones which I already did before they were cleared. But I can't do that, if I don't have the list of cleared maps.
Can somebody tell me which ones were cleared or point me to the proper topic (if the whole thing is actually true, of course)? I was searching a bit, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Changed wording a bit, because after some thinking I don't feel like my points has changed, so maybe that rumour is not true in the first place. xD
HMH
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/HMH/

Re: Were some maps cleared of finishes and can I get the list of them, if they did?

Post by HMH »

Yes, it is true that sometimes ranks from specific maps are removed. But this normally affects only very few players as this often happens with recently released maps that contained a serious bug. Sometimes we also remove ranks on old maps right after a new cheat was found and then fixed on them. However, we try only to delete the cheated ranks then by filtering for unrealistic times like just a few seconds and looking at the timestamps to check if a rank was made befor the discovery of the cheat. So it is rather unlikely that you are affected except you are actively trying to find cheats and abuse them :P
Fifi
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/Fifi/

Re: Were some maps cleared of finishes and can I get the list of them, if they did?

Post by Fifi »

HMH wrote:Yes, it is true that sometimes ranks from specific maps are removed. But this normally affects only very few players as this often happens with recently released maps that contained a serious bug. Sometimes we also remove ranks on old maps right after a new cheat was found and then fixed on them. However, we try only to delete the cheated ranks then by filtering for unrealistic times like just a few seconds and looking at the timestamps to check if a rank was made befor the discovery of the cheat. So it is rather unlikely that you are affected except you are actively trying to find cheats and abuse them :P
Okay, thanks. ^^ Nevermind the list then.