Suggestion for an Admin!

Staff applications are currently not accepted.
Join our discord (https://ddnet.org/discord) for further updates.
Ryozuki
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/Ryozuki/
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Ryozuki/
Clan: Unique
Discord: Ryozuki#2188

Re: Suggestion for an Admin!

Post by Ryozuki »

I'll start making map releases again.
Pathos

Post by Pathos »

RayB seems controversial. I don't know the person, but because of the controversy, it's a better decision to not have him as an admin. I don't know whether they are true or not, but from reading the previous posts, force voting and whatnot doesn't look very good. Looking at responses from RayB does not help at all either. Since Dinner is against the idea, it is likely that it will not happen. It seems like a bad idea.

I agree with having more admins without coding skills/experience to become admins. Also, admins that are not involved in the DD mod is also needed. It's needed badly. I think a new, clean, heavily moderated (staying on topic) post should be made for candidates and voting.
Ninjed
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Le-32-Petit-32-Prince/
Mapper profile: https://ddnet.tw/mappers/Ninjed

Post by Ninjed »

if choose admin exclude deen, sure choose Welf.
The Real One!
Index
Clan: Eagle

Post by Index »

Strawpolls never lie, we have to promote SP|Someone :> ( https://strawpoll.de/5yzde85 )
(No, I don't have to write something useful here. But I'm glad, that Ryozuki is back with map releases <33)
Oh, and in case we have to advertise for ourself now: I'm actively helping the stuff since May 2014, viewtopic.php?p=151#p151 xdddd
Silex
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Silex/

Post by Silex »

Ryozuki wrote:I'll start making map releases again.
<3
Ok we got a reason to end this decision now. Nice to have you back again.
Welf
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/Welf/
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Welf/

Post by Welf »

Ryozuki you had to say "making map releases great again"
Welf

Post by Welf »

An answer for RayB.:
-You can bring more information to the player by just asking here in forum, we gave them all information we think they need, if not, there is a forum
-You say you want to edit Moderator list, but it seems like you want to remove your personal foes (Aoe and hi_leute_gll). removing your personal foes is not the idea of beeing admin, even most of past admins didn't remove their personal foes from staff (everybody else as hi_leute_gll actually)
-You say you know every player, how dare you? You know the pros but did you ever talk with noobs? Do you talk with people after declining their maps? Do you really care for everybody? Maybe you do but i don't see that
-About map releases: i said before that it would be wrong to let you decide about yes/no at a map release, then you say you want to do exactly that. If you want to make good decisions about map releases, talk to everybody about map quality, even with your foes and people you disagree with. Maybe then you understand the idea of releasing maps in a community

Other things about RayB. beeeing admin:
You acted really emotionally here, you didn't act like somebody who does a wise choice. You fought with multiple persons while applying here, that is not the idea of beeing admin. Try to be fine with as many people as possible, try to improve ddnet with good ideas, not with fighting against something!

Since Ninjed suggested me as admin, i have to say something about that idea:
I have some influence to ddnet, i talk with snail about decicions and stuff like that (e.g. it somehow was me who decided to make jao testing moderator). These days i have alot to do for my studies so i don't see a good reason for making me admin, since i can't really do that much.
Buf if i am there, i will try to do my best to help ddnet ;)
hi_leute_gll
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/hi-95-leute-95-gll/
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/hi-95-leute-95-gll/
Clan: iMTG

Post by hi_leute_gll »

RayB. wrote:There arent just coding admins ?
So let me use the hype over the topic for better reason than useless discussion. Altough Im more than just rdy and still waiting for someone to do this.
Some really good and important points here, let me jump on them:
RayB. wrote: - bring more information to the player
Not even player knew that the ger server got renewed and stopped playing/mapping. Imo unacceptable.
We etablished news in the forum, website and the client, created a facebook-page and so on. Later Lady Saavik was responsible for this, wrote most news and took care about the fb-page. This thing failed after I left and no one took care anymore.
RayB. wrote: - take part of the decision who gets moderator. The plan didnt work out well gll I see this idiot still as moderator.
(still waiting for my answer gdin somehow you force me to go public with it just to become a stupid normal response+solution)

My knowledge here :
I know every player on GER server. I know how they would act and could better value if they are right for the job than gdin who just hired his clan from which are all more than inactive or doing nothing mod related.
Imo a vote with selected players would be better and removing selected moderator.
I agree with you that the way dinner is adding mods isn't the right one and also never added him to the admins, even though he already applied when I was in that position. I had my doubts...they became true. And this is also one of the reasons why Aoe (both in Infamous-clan) is still Mod, while no admin likes him and/or has any reason why he should be Mod.
RayB. wrote: - New Mapper Rules and Testing rules. You can post too much maps and the quality of maps which we like to play increased much. So I also want to create new rules.
That point is kinda funny, cause it is all done. These new rules exist here in the forum - in a hidden section. Knight, Soreu and me already worked on it before we (all) became admins.
I implemented the system last summer at KoG. You can enter their testing system due a simple link: qshar.com/testing and find all further rules linked there. Ofc some things are different there, since KoG and Gores are different, but the core rules and the idea behind it stayed the same.
Additionally Knight also had the idea to do a Pre-Testing. Here maps should be checked by experienced people wether they have even the chance to get releases or are struggeling with the rules. If a map is very bad or just has too much bugs the map should be declined, so that the "normal" testers wouldn't even need to waste their time with these maps and could focus on the ones which are going to be released.

You're probably asking now why this hasn't been implemented...well...again: You need active people who care about it. We saw how experiments like tags didn't work well, cause too less people used them. After Kero and I left KoG the rules there also failed, cause the current testers aren't even able to apply them to their own maps.
And no...I don't want to say that you have to be the super smartest and perfect guy in the world to do this and neither am I this guy. But you really need 2-3 people who dedicate their freetime to this project.

All in all I would just suggest to accept that the glorious times of teeworlds are gone and that most people have other things in their life. Just keep DDNet as it is currently, test and release a few maps, don't give every second player the mod pw, have fun racing with your mates and that's all you can do...
.hi._.leute._.gll. | iMTGmember
Welf

Post by Welf »

hail hi_leute_gll,
he developed the perfect map testing system but nobody applies it, i guess it is not the systems fault
RayB.
Clan: TOP

Post by RayB. »

Welf wrote:An answer for RayB.:
-You can bring more information to the player by just asking here in forum, we gave them all information we think they need, if not, there is a forum
Thats why people stopped mapping, playing & testing. This information reached no one without the right connnection.
hi_leute_gll wrote: I agree with you that the way dinner is adding mods isn't the right one and also never added him to the admins, even though he already applied when I was in that position. I had my doubts...they became true. And this is also one of the reasons why Aoe (both in Infamous-clan) is still Mod, while no admin likes him and/or has any reason why he should be Mod.
Welf wrote: -You say you want to edit Moderator list, but it seems like you want to remove your personal foes (Aoe and hi_leute_gll). removing your personal foes is not the idea of beeing admin, even most of past admins didn't remove their personal foes from staff (everybody else as hi_leute_gll actually)
Not my intention at all. Aoe isnt a moderator anymore since today just because this thread was created and I was about to show how gdin abused his admin rank to protect Aoe from gettin removed. I may disagree with hi_leute_gll often but I still appreciate the work he did and his experience.
The way he voiced them is for me still unacceptable and questionable.
I dont want to blame him for this behavior nobody is perfect but I dont see one reason against it to give him a partner.
Welf wrote: -You say you know every player, how dare you? You know the pros but did you ever talk with noobs? Do you talk with people after declining their maps? Do you really care for everybody? Maybe you do but i don't see that
I did and still do. Im mostly playing on the fullest server with not experienced player and when I test a map then often with the mapper.
After declining a map im not searching the mapper again to tell him exactly the same I did in my posts but this didnt happen that often anyway ^^ This would just waste our time. In this time he could try to try to gain more experience with practicing in the editor.
Welf wrote: -About map releases: i said before that it would wrong to let you decide about yes/no at a map release, then you say you want to do exactly that. If you want to make good decisions about map releases, talk to everybody about map quality, even with your foes and people you disagree with. Maybe then you understand the idea of releasing maps in a community
I always focused on the opinion of the majority when it came to such decisions. Sometimes just only mine and a testing partner because nobody was ready to test the map also after a long time. I dont decline other thinking people opinions. I even discuss about this with gll here.
I dont have that much foes anyway to talk about this. Releasing maps in a community mhh we talked about this before Welf and the only thing I know now. You would release a map when only a hand full players would like it. I would like to release maps which much players want to play.
Welf wrote: Other things about RayB. beeeing admin:
You acted really emotionally here, you didn't act like somebody who does a wise choice. You fought with multiple persons while applying here, that is not the idea of beeing admin. Try to be fine with as many people as possible, try to improve ddnet with good ideas, not with fighting against something!
Maybe because I really care ? Its my application with nearly 8 pages from which 7 pages are off topic and not meant to be serious.
I have nothing against someone also.
You critizied me and Im answering honestly. You saw the poll at the first pages? No wonder it seems to be a fight :D
Im trying to be fine with everyone but this is not possible everytime and thats not applicable for one admin from DDNet in this moment expect the technic-guys.
Tell me my ideas are bad and everything is fine. I shared my ideas said I want to help and im ready to work in a group.
Welf wrote: I have some influence to ddnet, i talk with snail about decicions and stuff like that (e.g. it somehow was me who decided to make jao testing moderator).
I brought many players to test maps and recruted 2 testers when you mention this. I also helped jao and other tester when they started. Its not like you are the reason why he was able to reach this responsbility. You said you only want to make him happy. I actually want him to make other player happy with helping as a tester.
hi_leute_gll wrote: news in the forum, website and the client, created a facebook-page and so on. Later Lady Saavik was responsible for this, wrote most news and took care about the fb-page. This thing failed after I left and no one took care anymore.
Well many players asked me about how Ddnet is going and what ist going on for example when the server got renewed. Many players I know both noob or pro were ready to stop playing, testing or mapping. It cant be that hard to keep DDnet players up to date with one little post in a month about who will be the next moderator or what is going on with the server.
hi_leute_gll wrote: Additionally Knight also had the idea to do a Pre-Testing. Here maps should be checked by experienced people wether they have even the chance to get
releases or are struggeling with the rules.
I suggested this also multiple times b4 for example in the internal section. Still ready to make this working.
hi_leute_gll wrote: If a map is very bad or just has too much bugs the map should be declined, so that the "normal" testers wouldn't even need to waste their time with these maps and could focus on the ones which are going to be released.
Agree something we need definitly.
hi_leute_gll wrote: You're probably asking now why this hasn't been implemented...well...again: You need active people who care about it. We saw how experiments like tags didn't work well, cause too less people used them. After Kero and I left KoG the rules there also failed, cause the current testers aren't even able to apply them to their own maps.
And no...I don't want to say that you have to be the super smartest and perfect guy in the world to do this and neither am I this guy. But you really need 2-3 people who dedicate their freetime to this project.
Nope I already know how this turned out. I had the pleasure to read this rules before and they are fine but still improvable. I also talked with Soreu about this before he disappeared completly.

I never liked the tags idea because its useless effort for nothing. This idea failed also because nobody gave me the permission to add tags.

We have new testers and reached nearly one page in the testing forum. ( We had 4 pages 3 months ago) I dont want to say that every map had the chance to get improved like it had to or that every mapper had the chance to get his map released/tested in time but Im ready to make this happen.

hi_leute_gll wrote: All in all I would just suggest to accept that the glorious times of teeworlds are gone and that most people have other things in their life. Just keep DDNet as it is currently, test and release a few maps, don't give every second player the mod pw, have fun racing with your mates and that's all you can do...
Some player arent about to stop playing and have the time and are still young enough to play this awesome game for years. I dont count myself to them but I would still like that DDnet can offer them nearly the same as in the past.

Welf im sure with this system I didnt had to test 90% alone to make testing not a complete disaster.