map voter problem

Problems that don't fit in other categories.
Post Reply
lufu1
User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:13 pm
Player profile: lufu1

map voter problem

Post by lufu1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm

So i like playing with my dummy and most times i just join servers with unfinished maps and at night most of the time on the server there are currently only 2 other players. So i join a team and start playing and when im already 20 mins or more into the map BAAAM!!! the 2 others vote instantly press f3 and my progress is lost. There is no chance i could save team in this instant even if i binded it on a key.
This shit has been happening to me like (i dont wanna lie) maybe 15 times in the last 4 weeks. So we need to change the system that they cant just vote and destroy peoples progress. Instead they should be forced to go on another server when im not pressing f3.

Thanks for looking into this problem hope we can do smth on this front.

Greets lufu1

Chairn
User
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:05 pm
Player profile: Chairn
Clan: QuintessenZ

Re: map voter problem

Post by Chairn » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:09 am

You have veto if you're more than 20 minutes into the map.

Why not go on an empty server instead of joining a server with already 2 players?

lufu1
User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:13 pm
Player profile: lufu1

Re: map voter problem

Post by lufu1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:44 am

well i cant veto since they most of the time vote instant and if u see they started voting its already to late and why dont they go on a empty server then it seems as if people doing it on purpose to harm others.

SPSomeone
User
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:29 pm
Player profile: SP | Someone
Clan: Somepeople

Re: map voter problem

Post by SPSomeone » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 am

lufu1 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:44 am
well i cant veto since they most of the time vote instant and if u see they started voting its already to late and why dont they go on a empty server then it seems as if people doing it on purpose to harm others.
if you have over 20 mins racetime it doesnt matter how quick they vote it wont pass unless you voted yes
Image

User avatar
deen
Retired Administrator
Posts: 3171
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 2:30 pm
Player profile: deen

Re: map voter problem

Post by deen » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:54 am

If you're afk (not moving mouse and keyboard for long time) the 20 min timer doesn't work anymore.

Nevertheless a vote should have a minimum time before passing if not everyone pressed f3. This would also enable mods to react.

User avatar
Konsti
User
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: Germany
Player profile: Konsti
Mapper profile: Konsti
Clan: flawLess
Website: Konsti

Re: map voter problem

Post by Konsti » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:13 pm

deen wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:54 am
If you're afk (not moving mouse and keyboard for long time) the 20 min timer doesn't work anymore.

Nevertheless a vote should have a minimum time before passing if not everyone pressed f3. This would also enable mods to react.
Maybe the vote shouldnt end if yes/no reach more than 50%, the vote should run out first.
I mean 15 seconds is not a long time, you can really wait for this
Image
Image

User avatar
deen
Retired Administrator
Posts: 3171
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 2:30 pm
Player profile: deen

Re: map voter problem

Post by deen » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Konsti wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:13 pm
deen wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:54 am
If you're afk (not moving mouse and keyboard for long time) the 20 min timer doesn't work anymore.

Nevertheless a vote should have a minimum time before passing if not everyone pressed f3. This would also enable mods to react.
Maybe the vote shouldnt end if yes/no reach more than 50%, the vote should run out first.
I mean 15 seconds is not a long time, you can really wait for this
Done: https://git.io/vNYYy

User avatar
Konsti
User
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: Germany
Player profile: Konsti
Mapper profile: Konsti
Clan: flawLess
Website: Konsti

Re: map voter problem

Post by Konsti » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:37 pm

deen wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:33 pm
Konsti wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:13 pm
deen wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:54 am
If you're afk (not moving mouse and keyboard for long time) the 20 min timer doesn't work anymore.

Nevertheless a vote should have a minimum time before passing if not everyone pressed f3. This would also enable mods to react.
Maybe the vote shouldnt end if yes/no reach more than 50%, the vote should run out first.
I mean 15 seconds is not a long time, you can really wait for this
Done: https://git.io/vNYYy
Maybe there is a problem with empty servers or groups who just look for a map, it should be possible to vote normal in the first 5 minutes of the map or something like this or if you are alone on the server its nonsense to wait
Image
Image

User avatar
deen
Retired Administrator
Posts: 3171
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 2:30 pm
Player profile: deen

Re: map voter problem

Post by deen » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:40 pm

If everyone presses F3, vote passes immediately.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests