|*KoG*| Choose next development project

Request help for teeworlds-related subjects (mapping, servers, ..).
For client issues, see our repositories (https://github.com/ddnet/ddnet/issues).
QshaR

Re: |*KoG*| New modifications required

Post by QshaR »

Lumpy ◐ω◑ wrote: if there will be a server with easy maps it would be helpful, coz sometimes I enter the server and can't go far coz of really hard parts
Shishigami wrote:Also, it would be great if those beginner maps were sorted by difficulty (in the voting panel) or if there were some recommended maps at the top.
That is very easy to implement. We will pick 10-15 easiest maps and open a new server with them in few days. We will also sort them by difficulty.
Thank you for your feedback!
jao

Post by jao »

What's with the moving tiles? Are there any new maps with this feature and will you optimize it (prediction in client, improve mapping, etc)?
QshaR

Post by QshaR »

jao wrote:What's with the moving tiles? Are there any new maps with this feature and will you optimize it (prediction in client, improve mapping, etc)?
The moving tiles modification (aka Interactive map) is fully implemented. We have several maps on KoG with it. For example: Q-move, Nyanto, Marceline etc.
The last one (made by RaiNy) uses Interactive mod to freeze every 20 seconds everyone who is not in special safe area.

Mapping such maps is very easy. It is described here: http://qshar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=471
The guide is complete, but if anyone have questions in mapping - I'm always available to help.

About prediction: as far as I understood, DDNet is not interested in developing such client and we don't plan to create our own one.
deen
TECHNICAL Team
Player profile: https://ddnet.org/players/deen/
Discord: deen#5910

Post by deen »

QshaR wrote:About prediction: as far as I understood, DDNet is not interested in developing such client and we don't plan to create our own one.
But you can add the features to DDNet client, make PRs on github, our devs will review them and I will make a new client release.
QshaR

Post by QshaR »

deen wrote:But you can add the features to DDNet client, make PRs on github, our devs will review them and I will make a new client release.
That would be great, but keep in mind that this is NOT few lines of code. This is gonna be a major modification and will require some testing before releasing it.

That's why making such client to fix small prediction bug on few KoG maps may look not very interesting for DDNet. Besides, this bug is only applicable on moving hooking objects and 90% of moving objects that we use is Freeze/Unfreeze/Unhook/TCP.

On the opposite side I still think that implementing this Interactive mod on DDNet is a good idea that can change the gaming process and bring new life into teeworlds. So if DDNet is interesting, I think we can share the sources and implement it on DDNet servers too. In this case making such client will be more rational.
deen
TECHNICAL Team

Post by deen »

QshaR wrote:So if DDNet is interesting, I think we can share the sources and implement it on DDNet servers too. In this case making such client will be more rational.
Yeah, of course DDNet would also get moving tiles in that case. I have no problem with that. I just probably wouldn't spend much time working on it except fixing a few bugs here and there.
Im 'corneum
Clan: ☭birming

Post by Im 'corneum »

i really think this is waaay too much asked.... but i really enjoy gores and fly if it wouldnt be faily.
so with teleporters. my imagination would be a "KoG save/solo mode" so that every map has freeze replaced with teleporters and every platform is a CP.
i know this is too much but i could finally play all the maps
reply to this post or your mom will die in her sleep tonight
deen
TECHNICAL Team

Post by deen »

Im 'corneum wrote:i really think this is waaay too much asked.... but i really enjoy gores and fly if it wouldnt be faily.
so with teleporters. my imagination would be a "KoG save/solo mode" so that every map has freeze replaced with teleporters and every platform is a CP.
So, /r, which exists already.
Im 'corneum
Clan: ☭birming

Post by Im 'corneum »

deen wrote:
Im 'corneum wrote:i really think this is waaay too much asked.... but i really enjoy gores and fly if it wouldnt be faily.
So, /r, which exists already.
oh wow i am retarded.... yeah. but i want to keep my time while using /r
reply to this post or your mom will die in her sleep tonight
aaa

Post by aaa »

then play on /r servers, you get to keep your time there