make ANY map 3D!

Post your creative stuff here!
Im 'corneum
User
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:58 pm
Clan: ☭birming

make ANY map 3D!

Post by Im 'corneum » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:47 am

hey i found a nice way to make any map look somewhat 3d. just make 2 new groups, recreate unhook,hook and hookthrough. then shift the X and Y position by how much you think it looks good (i prefer 5 and -5)
it works best with generic design, and is suprisingly playable. pls credt me if u use it lul ;)
Attachments
Supernova3D.map
(400.48 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
BabyAim1.3D.map
(368.47 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Anim3D.map
(269.91 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
screenshot_2018-01-19_05-43-49.png
screenshot_2018-01-19_05-43-37.png
screenshot_2018-01-19_05-42-55.png
screenshot_2018-01-19_05-42-31.png
screenshot_2018-01-19_05-42-16.png
screenshot_2018-01-19_05-42-06.png
reply to this post or your mom will die in her sleep tonight

User avatar
mokuz
Contributor Team: Skin Database Crew
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:34 pm
Location: Finland
Player profile: Mokuz
Mapper profile: Mokuz
Clan: Legendary

Re: make ANY map 3D!

Post by mokuz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:16 am

so first of all, pretty cool...
Second of all, I already knew about this, and made 3Dish map but with way more layers, like 50...
Third of all, why didn't you make the 3d effect fit the design?

- Mokuz
Image

GG Kid
User
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:33 am
Location: U.S.A.
Player profile: Bolto
Clan: Kerger

Re: make ANY map 3D!

Post by GG Kid » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:31 am

Glad too see innovation here at the forums, even if your not the first. can't wait for Kobra 3D

User avatar
deen
Retired Administrator
Posts: 3285
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 2:30 pm
Player profile: deen

Re: make ANY map 3D!

Post by deen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:00 am

Bonus points if you make your 3D map have paths to jump to the layer behind and play some parts there too, with the foreground half-transparent.

Of course that would actually be teleporters to a copy of the part with some adaptions.

Im 'corneum
User
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:58 pm
Clan: ☭birming

Re: make ANY map 3D!

Post by Im 'corneum » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:07 am

deen wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:00 am
Bonus points if you make your isometric map have paths to jump to the layer behind and play some parts there too, with the foreground half-transparent.

Of course that would actually be teleporters to a copy of the part with some adaptions.
I think that's something for pipou :D
mokuz wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:16 am
so first of all, pretty cool...
Second of all, I already knew about this, and made 3Dish map but with way more layers, like 50...
Third of all, why didn't you make the 3d effect fit the design?

- Mokuz
Yeah i already wondered if someone else found it yet, because it's so easy to make. With only 2new layers and copying the colours it's a 10minute job per map. With some extra tiles for the middle that are shifted it would look super cool and still only require 3groups. Sadly isuck at making mapres
reply to this post or your mom will die in her sleep tonight

User avatar
Ravie
User
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:04 am
Player profile: Ravie
Mapper profile: Ravie
Clan: TOP

Re: make ANY map 3D!

Post by Ravie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:37 pm

I used to do something like this for a few designs, but with a shadow using 1 layer.
Image

User avatar
mokuz
Contributor Team: Skin Database Crew
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:34 pm
Location: Finland
Player profile: Mokuz
Mapper profile: Mokuz
Clan: Legendary

Re: make ANY map 3D!

Post by mokuz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Im 'corneum wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:07 am
deen wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:00 am
Bonus points if you make your isometric map have paths to jump to the layer behind and play some parts there too, with the foreground half-transparent.

Of course that would actually be teleporters to a copy of the part with some adaptions.
I think that's something for pipou :D
mokuz wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:16 am
so first of all, pretty cool...
Second of all, I already knew about this, and made 3Dish map but with way more layers, like 50...
Third of all, why didn't you make the 3d effect fit the design?

- Mokuz
Yeah i already wondered if someone else found it yet, because it's so easy to make. With only 2new layers and copying the colours it's a 10minute job per map. With some extra tiles for the middle that are shifted it would look super cool and still only require 3groups. Sadly isuck at making mapres
Make me a map, i can design it...
Image

SPSomeone
User
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:29 pm
Player profile: SP | Someone
Clan: Somepeople

Re: make ANY map 3D!

Post by SPSomeone » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 pm

jekyll made a nice 3d tileset and map i guess it never got released
Here are the links if you're interested: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=3504&p=37157 and viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3758&p=39283 ~Index
Image

User avatar
Konsti
User
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: Germany
Player profile: Konsti
Mapper profile: Konsti
Clan: flawLess
Website: Konsti

Re: make ANY map 3D!

Post by Konsti » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:47 am

Entities for the win
Image
Image

User avatar
meew'
User
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Player profile: meew'
Clan: Möhre

Re: make ANY map 3D!

Post by meew' » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 pm

3d entites xd
911 mapping police

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest