55_unhookable tileset

Share and discuss skins, mapres, artworks and logos.
Oblique.

55_unhookable tileset

Post by Oblique. »

55_unhookables
This tileset was intended to look like an intermediary of the 0.6 and 0.7 versions of generic_unhookable, though it also includes several additional tiles (4x4, 1x2, 1.5x1) and colors (grey and light). Sources of the images as Inkscape SVGs are provided, along with automappers for each.

GitHub: https://github.com/Piepow/55_unhookables (first time using GitHub so I probably did some things wrong) Using the Tilesets Provided
  • Navigate to the data/mapres/ folder inside your Teeworlds client directory
  • Download the PNG images into the mapres folder
  • Navigate to the data/editor folder inside your client directory
  • Download the the automapper rules into the editor folder
Editing the Tilesets Provided
  • Editing of these SVG files can be done using Inkscape
  • Once the SVG files are opened in Inkscape, you can utilize the layers provided by going to "Layers -> Layers..." in the menus or simply pressing CTRL + SHIFT + L. The layers are primarily there to make it easier to colorize the tiles.
  • Once you have finished editing the tiles in Inkscape, you can export it as a PNG by going to "File -> Export PNG Image..." or simply pressing CTRL + SHIFT + E
  • Before you can use the exported PNG image as a tileset in Teeworlds, you must first apply some scripts to the file. These scripts can be downloaded here: https://ddnet.tw/downloads/ under the "Other Downloads" section as "Mapping Graphics Tools"
  • Once the scripts are downloaded, apply "dilate," "tileset_borderfix," and "tileset_borderadd" to the exported PNG image in that order
  • Place the image in the data/mapres/ folder in your client directory
  • If you need an automapper for that tileset, remember to rename the automapper rules file in the data/editor folder so that it has the same name as the PNG image
A is for Apple.
Oblique.

Re: 55_unhookable tileset

Post by Oblique. »

I fixed index 13 and 14, which was a duplicate tile. Also, I added a tileset combining four of the colors for one image and layer.
SpoilerShow
A is for Apple.