New Point-system?

More serious discussions, information about official DDNet servers, important announcements.
User avatar
stompie
User
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:40 pm
Player profile: stompie
Mapper profile: stompie

Re: New Point-system?

Post by stompie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:53 am

Ama wrote:Or maybe just leave the system like it is becouse it works
+1 why fix something that works fine :o
\,,/(◣_◢)\,,/

User avatar
Novo
User
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:41 am
Location: germany
Player profile: Novo c:
Clan: mB.

Re: New Point-system?

Post by Novo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:48 pm

stompie wrote:
Ama wrote:Or maybe just leave the system like it is becouse it works
+1 why fix something that works fine :o
Why many ppl complain then ?

hannibal
User
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:53 pm
Player profile: hannibal
Mapper profile: hannibal
Clan: A-Team

Re: New Point-system?

Post by hannibal » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:56 pm

Maybe take another look at any thread who mentions "change point system" ... you will see that pretty much every answer-post will say "don't change it pls!"-

User avatar
Novo
User
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:41 am
Location: germany
Player profile: Novo c:
Clan: mB.

Re: New Point-system?

Post by Novo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Ye bcs there are ppl who dont want or dont see a reason to change bcs they just care about points ^^

Edit : and u must think about it "why are there many posts about change points system

hannibal
User
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:53 pm
Player profile: hannibal
Mapper profile: hannibal
Clan: A-Team

Re: New Point-system?

Post by hannibal » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Because certain people just can't get over the fact that DDRace has changed. It's always the same 4-5 people that dislike the points and miss the good old days of playing the same map over and over again. :p

(and one of them is now in the admin team - and whoop, the change is happening)

User avatar
Ryozuki
User
Posts: 1743
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:28 am
Location: Catalonia
Player profile: Ryozuki
Mapper profile: Ryozuki
Clan: Unique
Website: https://ryozuki.xyz/

Re: New Point-system?

Post by Ryozuki » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:11 pm

I think people want to change points for make people speedrun, you have ever tried to do it?

I did, and sometimes it's rly hard, and annoying, also you spend lot of time. Also i spend more time trying to relax, speedrunning makes me rage -.-

But sometimes it is funny, but what i mean, if you want to speedrun, you will do it, what you need for speedrun? BE PRO, not all people can do it, and more if the top1 one are a lot hard. So instead of complaining that people don't speedrun, you "pros" try to train people to be pro and then speedrun.

I don't see any sense changing the point system for that.

I'm not expert speedrunner, but i think it isn't needed to change the point system for speedrun, because if you want to do it, and if you can do it, you will do it bcs you want xD.

So my suggestion is why not think about making some kind of point system for tournaments? to make them more competitive and funny, maybe tournaments are far away for now, but i think, for most people is more funnier a tournament than speedrunning.

This is my personal opinion

User avatar
Soreu
User
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: Poland
Player profile: Soreu
Mapper profile: Soreu
Clan: GSP

Re: New Point-system?

Post by Soreu » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:28 pm

It's not only about speedrunning, but also about the fact that Team Ranks & Ranks have basically no value in general, even though it's modification for "unique cooperative gameplay" only thing that matters are Points

//@hannibal: I'm also one of these guys who miss old times, but that's kind of different story...
„Vince te ipsum”

         :3             |     GSP Founder     Honorary iMTGmember
Graphic-guy     |     Website & Forum Team Leader (Ex)     [ToP] Leader (Dead)

Last truly active: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:13 pm - having great DDNet in both memory and heart

<BµmM>
User
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 3:11 pm
Player profile: <BµmM>
Mapper profile: <BµmM>

Re: New Point-system?

Post by <BµmM> » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:36 pm

If you want too change the point system then you can also change the name in DDNet 2.0...

Welf
User
Posts: 1839
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:20 am
Player profile: Welf
Mapper profile: Welf

Re: New Point-system?

Post by Welf » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:07 pm

Soreu wrote:[...] Team Ranks & Ranks have basically no value in general [...]
What?
If you do some nice speedruns, they have some value, at least for yourself, there are tons of examples of players, who do their best and try to get a good rank, you can`t say it is no value. I know you say "in general" but come one, you get fame/a high place on the list for speedruns.

Besides that what value do the pointranks have? It is cool that people have many points, but players the community and pros know, who is skilled, who can do nice speedruns and who is good at finishing maps, so the ideas about changes wont give us any better information about the players.

I have the same opinion than Aoe and Ama, please don't change the system!

User avatar
Novo
User
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:41 am
Location: germany
Player profile: Novo c:
Clan: mB.

Re: New Point-system?

Post by Novo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:14 am

hannibal wrote:Because certain people just can't get over the fact that DDRace has changed. It's always the same 4-5 people that dislike the points and miss the good old days of playing the same map over and over again. :p

(and one of them is now in the admin team - and whoop, the change is happening)
Do u know why this time is away ?
I think bcs too many maps that have been released in a short time and then all got a "points rush" and everyone just tried to collect points and dont played a map over and over again .

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest