Handifly

Moderator: Index

User avatar
Skyrel
Contributor Team: Skin Database Crew
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:07 pm
Location: Italy
Player profile: Skyrel
Mapper profile: Skyrel
Clan: DummyFly
Website: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198158063738

Re: Handifly

Post by Skyrel »

Well guys... i agree with HaHAxD and Aoe too...
@HaHAxD: u have right. The map shoukd be 100% checked and fixed before the release to avoid cheater and deleted ranks.

@Aoe: the map is awsome. I cant finish it but i play that just for skills... it improve a lot the fly skills... and if u remeber (Ryozuki) the map must be "creative and unique", Aoe and Cludly map has some triple hookfly never seen in the story of ddnet. So i personally dont give a f*** if the people dont like the map just because is hard.
Image

User avatar
Amulus
User
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:31 pm
Player profile: Amu~Cookie
Clan: BioPi
Contact:

Re: Handifly

Post by Amulus »

@Skyrel If you want to train your flying skills you can do it on a test map.

@Aoe This map isn't really creative, ok we never saw those parts before but what are the thoughts behind the map ? : "Ok guys let's do a short map with triple fly with every weapons and jetpack, wow I'm very creative today" creative doesn't mean it has never been done before... It's more about "original parts" and "working time" And we already saw those tricks with iParano, sickunt ryosuki, for fun but not really worth making a map out of it. This map seems really "cheap" and easy way to get likes and views on your Youtube channel. And I think people watch your videos for your skills and not for the map. I don't care about you releasing this map but I disagree about what you said about the quality of it and I strongly agree with rayB about the fact you only uploaded the map full of bugs on the forum and waited for testers to fix it, you part isnt only to make the gameplay, your map is supposed to be bug free, and wait a minute you are aoe, with your skills and your reputation, isnt the map supposed to be perfect ? oh man, stop complaining about the time it takes to get your map released, don't be a dick and wait like everyone else.
Take this COOKIE

User avatar
Aoe
User
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Denmark
Player profile: Aoe
Mapper profile: Aoe
Clan: Infamous
Contact:

Re: Handifly

Post by Aoe »

Amulus wrote:your map is supposed to be bug free, and wait a minute you are aoe, with your skills and your reputation, isnt the map supposed to be perfect ? .
- Amulus 2016






HaHAxD wrote:hey.
first off all i finished the map with starkiller after the release and we wastet fck 300 min for this map and after 1 day someone delete the first finish because off some other ways to race this map? And know the "cheats" aren t fixed after all?
Thats not fair i want my finish back i wasted much time and for example i rly had no idea how to do the last part i just thought deepfly could do it so this isnt a cheat this is just another way to do the part its like all parts in tw everyone can use another way to finish it and just because the mapper didnt saw this way i lst my finish? maybe for someone this map is ez but i wasted long time for the hooklfy or sg parts for nothing? so its only fair when i get my finish back because i finished the map and wasted a long time for it
yo mate it sucks that this map wasn't tested good enough for cheats, because its such a hard map, the testers only looked for graphic & entities bugs, because the parts were too hard for them. And me and Cloudly didnt notice those cheats. (sry for not being perfect, everyone makes mistakes ;) )And the reason your rank got deleted is because you abused every single cheat there were. Deepfly is obviously a cheat, not just on this map but also every dummy map. the last part is hitfly with dummy, which is 200 times harder than deepfly. And if you really care about your rank, do it again? you can proberly finish in 10 mins now, that you know how the parts works. dont take it as wasted time, cus i bet u improved alot.


this one time on an oldschool map i failed at 99%, because a speeder was bugged, so i was stuck inside of it. i never got the rank either.
also if you cheat a map your rank usually gets deleted ;) its not just "another way of doing it" its cheating mate.
like using your phone or the internet to help you doing a math test or something.
Image

User avatar
Ryozuki
User
Posts: 1745
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:28 am
Location: Catalonia
Player profile: Ryozuki
Mapper profile: Ryozuki
Clan: Unique
Website: https://ryozuki.xyz/

Re: Handifly

Post by Ryozuki »

Your ignorance increases everyday. Just look at your posts, all you do is to ignore constructive posts and maybe make fun of it or use the fanboys.
Cloudly wrote:
Ryozuki wrote:I think it would have been much more better for the community to reserve that date for a map that deserves it.
Are you serious? So you wanna tell me with 6 month we still have not waited long enough for the release? Well, I don't think so..
Then when it finally got released there were cheats with deepfly and some other tricks.
Aoe wrote: because its such a hard map, the testers only looked for graphic & entities bugs, because the parts were too hard for them. And me and Cloudly didnt notice those cheats. (sry for not being perfect, everyone makes mistakes ;) )
RayB. wrote: Ofc you waited long enough but you did nothing else then just sending a buggy map and saying It's ready. Now after the first fix after the release are still cheats remaining but you guys aren't even interested to fix them. I'm sure just because you are the only one who play this map.

User avatar
Aoe
User
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Denmark
Player profile: Aoe
Mapper profile: Aoe
Clan: Infamous
Contact:

Re: Handifly

Post by Aoe »

Ryozuki wrote:Your ignorance increases everyday. Just look at your posts, all you do is to ignore constructive posts and maybe make fun of it or use the fanboys.
ryozuki i responded to you and your responded were:
Ryozuki wrote:Sure
and you are telling me that my ignorance increases everyday xD xD? funny Ryozuki.
using the fan boys? what?
i just made a 5 star brutal map and the Aoe envy team comes down at me like thunder :D

- also, If this map wasnt by me, there wouldnt be any problems with it :)
RayB. wrote: Ofc you waited long enough but you did nothing else then just sending a buggy map and saying It's ready. Now after the first fix after the release are still cheats remaining but you guys aren't even interested to fix them. I'm sure just because you are the only one who play this map.
RayB is lieing, I posted the map on testing forum for it to get tested obviously. I never said it was ready when i posted it?? He never told me there were any cheats when we tested either,the only bugs he found were graphic & entities bugs. And of cause i will fix the cheats he found when he shows me them.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3348&hilit=handifly&start=30 as you can see here i fixed all the bugs RayB posted. These "cheats" he is talking about were never posted on forum.
Image

User avatar
Ryozuki
User
Posts: 1745
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:28 am
Location: Catalonia
Player profile: Ryozuki
Mapper profile: Ryozuki
Clan: Unique
Website: https://ryozuki.xyz/

Re: Handifly

Post by Ryozuki »

Aoe wrote:
Ryozuki wrote:Your ignorance increases everyday. Just look at your posts, all you do is to ignore constructive posts and maybe make fun of it or use the fanboys.
ryozuki i responded to you and your responded were:
Ryozuki wrote:Sure
and you are telling me that my ignorance increases everyday xD xD? funny Ryozuki.
using the fan boys? what?
i just made a 5 star brutal map and the Aoe envy team comes down at me like thunder :D

- also, If this map wasnt by me, there wouldnt be any problems with it :)
RayB. wrote: Ofc you waited long enough but you did nothing else then just sending a buggy map and saying It's ready. Now after the first fix after the release are still cheats remaining but you guys aren't even interested to fix them. I'm sure just because you are the only one who play this map.
RayB is lieing, I posted the map on testing forum for it to get tested obviously. I never said it was ready when i posted it?? He never told me there were any cheats when we tested either,the only bugs he found were graphic & entities bugs. And of cause i will fix the cheats he found when he shows me them.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3348&hilit=handifly&start=30 as you can see here i fixed all the bugs RayB posted. These "cheats" he is talking about were never posted on forum.
I answered a "Sure" in a sarcastic way to this awesome argument:
Aoe wrote:
Ryozuki wrote:Well, looks like you just read that Ryozuki posted something and answered, instead of reading it and trying to understand it.
Thats a really nice theory, but here is one: it's the other way around ;) you obviously didn't understand anything i just wrote.
You should quote it all first.

And i don't think RayB. is lieing :)

And tell me, what about all the other things he said?

Nobody envys you, i would say we feel sorry for you.

User avatar
Aoe
User
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Denmark
Player profile: Aoe
Mapper profile: Aoe
Clan: Infamous
Contact:

Re: Handifly

Post by Aoe »

Ryozuki wrote: You should quote it all first.
incase you missed it.
Aoe wrote:
Ryozuki wrote:"Map for only pros".

Sure, idk who agreed to release this map which only has been played by 5 people and then abandoned instead of a "normal map". And i'm not talking about it being 5 stars, there are brutal 5 stars which are fun to play and even mod players can play it on big groups.

If you would really play that map, and you know nobody else than 5 people would play it, why don't just make your own server and play there. I think it would have been much more better for the community to reserve that date for a map that deserves it.
I know you dont like me Ryozuki, but keep your personal things away from your profession. Everything I do you disagree with, with the only reason because you dont like me.
The amount of players that is quitting on DDNet is insane at the moment. And the only reason is that there is not enough maps being released. You are the guy releasing the maps, so instead of wasting your time telling me how shit my map is, do your job and release another map if you really care that much about the community. I do my part by mapping the maps, but when it takes 6 months to release a map, there is not much motivation to make another map ;). Every time i open map editor I think about how stupid the DDNet map releasing system is, and I close it right away. I've talked to multiple people that does the same and think like me, so change the damn "Planned Map Releases" and just release more frequently.
Just look at the last time I uploaded a pros play, There is barely any maps being released, and if this is your way of getting to me you are not only hurting me, but also the whole community.

Mapper rule nr 1 is:
  1. Be creative!
This map is unlike anything, every single part is brand new & never seen before. You dont get a more "creative" map than this nowadays. This map is literally easy as pie when you found out about the small tricks for each parts. And thats how it is with never seen before parts. People are gonna suck at the start but eventually figure it out.


Seems like nobody never told you, but Brutal 5 star is a rank made for the best players in the world. Not for the average player. you gotta be out of your mind by giving me advice on my mapping and telling me I should make a 5 star brutal map playable for moderator players!?
just look at falling down. It took 1 full year to finish it. '
And you really think that only 5 people tried the map? I dont know if you have bin at the moon or something, but alot of people tried and simply gave up because the difficult is too hard.
Ryozuki wrote:And i don't think RayB. is lieing :)
i litually proofed it?
dont tell me you are that ignorant Ryozuki :)
Image

User avatar
Aoe
User
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Denmark
Player profile: Aoe
Mapper profile: Aoe
Clan: Infamous
Contact:

Re: Handifly

Post by Aoe »

also why has this thread not bin deleted yet?
Image
I thought you were the moderator of this forum? or have you bin too busy releasing maps? well it seems not.
So incase you or someone else got more to say, hit me up with a PM or add my skype and we'll find a way out, no reason to have this on public forum. you can go ahead and delete it now.
Image

User avatar
gdin
Community Team: Team Leader
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:25 pm
Location: USA
Player profile: gdin
Mapper profile: dinner
Contact:

Re: Handifly

Post by gdin »

Didn't bother reading the whole thread, but I'd like to add that I saw a lot of people on USA trying the map and having fun with it (and USA usually plays easy maps or in huge groups).

I think it's a nice map with a lot of nice parts - no sense in limiting creative stuff like this just because some people won't play it. That goes the same for most maps, to some extent.

User avatar
Soreu
User
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: Poland
Player profile: Soreu
Mapper profile: Soreu
Clan: GSP

Re: Handifly

Post by Soreu »

@dinner: Better for you that you didn't.

That Ryozuki & Index are moderators in this forum doesn't yet mean it's totally all up to them. Besides that, they may just leave the topic if they think it's safer for anyone else to care for it - and I don't wonder why they did so in this case, tbh.
Also, topics in here never are deleted (except, obviously, when are spam or break the rules on interesting level).

Anyway, as far as I can see, there were only few bugs mentioned in this thread. All, together with the fixed map version, on first page. So, anyone wants to show any bugs left instead of only (general) annoyance, or can this be moved to archive already?

To all the other oh-my-gawd why-did-I-had-to-read-it-all posts (though some weren't bad): There's no way for actually constructive discussion anyway since most of you are driven by personal feelings, and it's also hard to talk in the name of 5k+ players. Even if there would be, this specific subforum is not really a place for it...
„Vince te ipsum”

         :3             |     GSP Founder     Honorary iMTGmember
Graphic-guy     |     Website & Forum Team Leader (Ex)     [ToP] Leader (Dead)

Last truly active: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:13 pm - having great DDNet in both memory and heart

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests