Flux by Pulsar [Moderate]

Share your ddrace-related map with the community.
The official map testing moved to our discord (https://ddnet.org/discord).
Forum rules
You can join the official testservers and support the testing staff anytime.
Be sure to share your feedback in the appropiate discord channel.
  • Server PW: nimrocks
  • Rcon Access (F2): test4321
Pulsar

Re: Flux by Pulsar [Moderate]

Post by Pulsar »

Found some little bugs
Attachments
Flux.map
(191.98 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Pulsar

Post by Pulsar »

Few fixes, thanks to lola.
Attachments
Flux.map
(191.99 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Pulsar

Post by Pulsar »

I made it more brutal and yet I had to fix few things, I HOPE it's all >.>
Attachments
Flux.map
(192 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
RayB.
Clan: TOP

Post by RayB. »

Move totelecp 4 & 32 to the left platforms to avoid blocking.
Pulsar

Post by Pulsar »

Your message contains too few characters.
Attachments
Flux.map
(192 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
jao

Post by jao »

Tested with some guys.

Thanks for increasing the map size. The "real" new parts you added are pretty cool, though there are way too many new time wasting filler parts (CP 27, hammerfly after tele 2, gores after tele 5, part after gores). In such a short map you don't want to include any "useless" parts.

I also still think the map should be teamforced, most parts are built for 2 players and can cause a lot blocking if more people attempt them at once.
If unfreeze is actually part of the gameplay, it should be appropiatly marked. Add a shadow behind so that players don't have to guess where exactly it is :)

Rating should be Brutal 1* if you replace the time wasting parts with actual ones.
SpoilerShow
This should be lowered by 1-2 tiles to make it a bit more convenient
This should be lowered by 1-2 tiles to make it a bit more convenient
screenshot_2018-01-13_17-44-42.png (335.8 KiB) Viewed 4116 times
There should be a marking that you have to go up and not just hammer your mate into the solo on the right. The solo marking isn't that obvious and thus can lead to stupid fails.
There should be a marking that you have to go up and not just hammer your mate into the solo on the right. The solo marking isn't that obvious and thus can lead to stupid fails.
screenshot_2018-01-13_17-47-34.png (311.86 KiB) Viewed 4116 times
I don't see a reason to have this freeze, it only baits players into thinking it is a normal gores part wich could make them fail
I don't see a reason to have this freeze, it only baits players into thinking it is a normal gores part wich could make them fail
screenshot_2018-01-13_17-47-44.png (360.54 KiB) Viewed 4116 times
You can cheat this with 2 shotgun shots
You can cheat this with 2 shotgun shots
screenshot_2018-01-13_17-47-53.png (272.42 KiB) Viewed 4116 times
Pulsar

Post by Pulsar »

jao wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:00 pm Tested with some guys.

Thanks for increasing the map size. The "real" new parts you added are pretty cool, though there are way too many new time wasting filler parts (CP 27, hammerfly after tele 2, gores after tele 5, part after gores). In such a short map you don't want to include any "useless" parts.
I don't really think they are 'useless'. Some chill/faily parts between actual parts are always good even though they aren't 'creative' or however you call it.
jao wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:00 pm I also still think the map should be teamforced, most parts are built for 2 players and can cause a lot blocking if more people attempt them at once.
I don't see a reason for teamforce tbh. I can think of only one part that really could cause blocking (on purpose of course) and it's cp8. Anyway in every part there is a lot of space to wait, so if players are mature (hehe) there shouldn't be any problem with blocking.
And by the way you have always a choice to play in team.
jao wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:00 pm If unfreeze is actually part of the gameplay, it should be appropiatly marked. Add a shadow behind so that players don't have to guess where exactly it is :)
And yet you're still complaining. I've played this map with many random players and no one had problem seeing unfreeze. It's not like it's in some random unexpected places, there are clear cuts in freeze, so it's more than obvious where it is. I still don't get why you have such a big problem with it.
jao wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:00 pm Rating should be Brutal 1* if you replace the time wasting parts with actual ones.
I still think it should be moderate 5*. I've seen way harder maps there. But it's up to you.
jao wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:00 pm
SpoilerShow
screenshot_2018-01-13_17-44-42.pngscreenshot_2018-01-13_17-47-34.pngscreenshot_2018-01-13_17-47-44.pngscreenshot_2018-01-13_17-47-53.png
1) I can't do that, it breaks the part
2) Added
3) That's the purpose of it
4) I knew about it since I made this nub-filter and I'm totally fine with it. I just couldn't fix it ;-;
Attachments
Flux.map
arrows cp8
(192.02 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
jao

Post by jao »

I'm still complaining about these things because they are actual problems. If you read the Mapper Rules, you will find that stuff in there too. They matter and are enforced on every map for a reason.
Pulsar

Post by Pulsar »

I've read mapper rules already and I know there is such point about visibility of markings and my way of marking for sure doesn't break that rule. But whatever, have it your way so it's not a 'problem' anymore.
Attachments
Flux.map
(193.22 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
jao

Post by jao »

Thanks for fixing it, I plan to include the map in the next releases.

If you don't want to add teamforce, maybe place the switch 1 activator somewhere else where others don't touch it by accident.
The filler parts are okay-ish, but please at least make the gores part shorter (or more interesting) and add an easier way to go back in the "death-jumping part".
SpoilerShow
Here should be an arrow marking
Here should be an arrow marking
screenshot_2018-01-16_15-49-10.png (888.58 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
To 3 is in a weird spot, it should rather be placed where the yellow marking is.<br />It shouldn't be possible to drop into tele 2 from up (green arrow).
To 3 is in a weird spot, it should rather be placed where the yellow marking is.
It shouldn't be possible to drop into tele 2 from up (green arrow).
screenshot_2018-01-16_15-49-04.png (289.3 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
Btw releasing it as Moderate 5* is fine, we can always re-rate it later.