Resi (Dummy brutal)

Maps that have been tested.

Moderator: jao

Im 'corneum
User
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:58 pm
Clan: ☭birming

Re: Resi (Dummy brutal)

Post by Im 'corneum » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:28 am

RayB. wrote:It is also not ok from corneum to answer with no respect after BannZay tryed to help.(at the beginning).[/spoiler]
This is right.
I saw what he meant, i understood it and i thought this dont need a fix because it doesnt break the map if you play normal. But i didnt tell him at the beginning thats right. Sorry for that :/
reply to this post or your mom will die in her sleep tonight

User avatar
BannZay
User
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 12:26 am
Location: Ukraine
Player profile: BannZay
Mapper profile: BannZay

Re: Resi (Dummy brutal)

Post by BannZay » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:29 am

Everybody already get, that your ego dont let you make ur own map better. Thats firstly decrease value of map, secondly - you waste time of testers. And the most worse thing - nobody cares about same actions from mappers.
"dont need a fix because it doesnt break the map" - thats ur level? Maps which just not breaked? Its so low quality, man! Wont fight with this thing, here is most important thing - quality of your map and problem with ur ego.

Even novice mapper can EASY fix this stupid thing(replace anticheat, easy fix start, when anticheat no needed at all). Your choice - 5 pages discussions why you wont fix such mapper fail (still see no strong any reason to not make easy improve). Man, you lost my respect fully... I`m done. Have no time to arguing with problem mappers as you. Thats my last words! Please stop spam thread with quoting my words, and then call ME spammer if you have nothing constructive to say. (empty sence question - empty answear. Maybe some ppl cant finally get such things)

User avatar
Ryozuki
User
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:28 am
Location: Catalonia
Player profile: Ryozuki
Mapper profile: Ryozuki
Clan: Unique
Website: https://ryozuki.xyz/

Re: Resi (Dummy brutal)

Post by Ryozuki » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:20 am

BannZay wrote:Everybody already get, that your ego dont let you make ur own map better. Thats firstly decrease value of map, secondly - you waste time of testers. And the most worse thing - nobody cares about same actions from mappers.
"dont need a fix because it doesnt break the map" - thats ur level? Maps which just not breaked? Its so low quality, man! Wont fight with this thing, here is most important thing - quality of your map and problem with ur ego.

Even novice mapper can EASY fix this stupid thing(replace anticheat, easy fix start, when anticheat no needed at all). Your choice - 5 pages discussions why you wont fix such mapper fail (still see no strong any reason to not make easy improve). Man, you lost my respect fully... I`m done. Have no time to arguing with problem mappers as you. Thats my last words! Please stop spam thread with quoting my words, and then call ME spammer if you have nothing constructive to say. (empty sence question - empty answear. Maybe some ppl cant finally get such things)
You should stop put your emotions here, you and courneum don't are the best friends, i would say like enemies, so i ask you to stop arguing here and test other map. :)

User avatar
Soreu
User
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: Poland
Player profile: Soreu
Mapper profile: Soreu
Clan: GSP

Re: Resi (Moderate dummy)

Post by Soreu » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:40 pm

Short:
Im 'corneum, I have nothing against you, but please, move your ass and figure out better anti-cheat (or start) instead of placing random doors out of nowhere right in front of finish. It shouldn't be that hard.

Longer:
milk wrote:2. Don't use this laser. It's possible to hammer through.
Image
Im 'corneum wrote:2. I have made a wall wich deactivates when you deactivate the freeze at start, that means even if you made it through the freeze you won't get finish because the wall i have hidden, maybe you havent seen it.
Fňokurka oo7 wrote:Image
BannZay wrote:Fnokurka, your last screen is "mapper anticheat" to prevet cheat at start. I sure that everyone support me that ppl shouldnt check 100% of map before every founded cheat by him.
You are f*cking kidding me, aren't you? The most idiotic "anit-cheat" I could ever imagine.

I don't give a single fuck if you like or hate BannZay, he gave you suggestion to improve your map, and it was GOOD suggestion. So lift your lazy ass and find better solution.
milk wrote:BannZay, I don't see any good reason to remove it. It's a dummy map and there is a sign at the start.
What it even has to do with the damn sign? After finishing whole map you're stuck on idiotic doors out of nowhere. The sign says "This is a dummy map", not "Don't try to cheat my map or random doors will block you after 99% of map". For fuck sake.
milk wrote:I disagree. It's not enough to find the possible cut. You should check if you can use it otherwise the cut makes no sense. There are many examples of such half-cuts.
The fact that this door is less noticeable doesn't change anything. This anti-cheat increases complexity of the map but doesn't affect the normal gameplay. So I don't think you can force mapper to change it.
Even though you finished almost every map on DDNet and so you know the best what might be annoying and so on, I have to disagree. Just by the way of how idiotic it is I would say that YOU CAN tell mapper to do so.

And hey, being blocked at the very end actually affect the "normal gameplay" since there is no longer further gameplay as you're blocked by doors that god-knows-where has their switch and if at all.
milk wrote:BannZay, you can't force mappers to change parts you don't like. And this is what you are trying to do.
Nope. He's not forcing mapper to change part, but hilarious "anti-cheat". You would either be pissed after making top1 run and... Finish! oh wait, doors? what? thefuck?

---

There could be much more quotes of the rest ~5-6 pages, but it would be senseless to repeat my answers as you all were repeating your arguments.

Conclusion:
I had to read about 9 pages of bullshit just because you didn't want to move your ass and figure less shitty way to solve it? Goddammit. This topic should have 3 pages, but no, you all had to fight with each other JUST because it was SO DAMN HARD to do single improvement of annoying anti-cheat thing which I would rather call "how-to-piss-you-off tutorial, written with single switch".

Congratulations, you actually delayed your own map by hmm, 3 months? Was it worth it? It could be already released and have lots of finishes, but nope, senseless discussion had more sense it seems.

Additionally:
From now on I will delete every further post that will bring nothing, as this topic is already overspammed by nothing worth reading. Waiting for next map version.
„Vince te ipsum”

         :3             |     GSP Founder     Honorary iMTGmember
Graphic-guy     |     Website & Forum Team Leader (Ex)     [ToP] Leader (Dead)

Last truly active: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:13 pm - having great DDNet in both memory and heart

Im 'corneum
User
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:58 pm
Clan: ☭birming

Re: Resi (Dummy brutal)

Post by Im 'corneum » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:11 pm

Soreu and me found a good fix.
Attachments
Resi.map
(638.74 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
reply to this post or your mom will die in her sleep tonight

User avatar
Soreu
User
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: Poland
Player profile: Soreu
Mapper profile: Soreu
Clan: GSP

Re: Resi (Dummy brutal)

Post by Soreu » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Imo ready, needs rating for dummy category though. I guess 4*
„Vince te ipsum”

         :3             |     GSP Founder     Honorary iMTGmember
Graphic-guy     |     Website & Forum Team Leader (Ex)     [ToP] Leader (Dead)

Last truly active: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:13 pm - having great DDNet in both memory and heart

RayB.
User
Posts: 1170
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:24 pm
Clan: TOP

Re: Resi (Dummy brutal)

Post by RayB. » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:37 pm

3* is better ^^

User avatar
Fňokurka oo7
User
Posts: 1195
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:33 am
Clan: ( . Y . )

Re: Resi (Dummy brutal)

Post by Fňokurka oo7 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:07 pm

I would rather go for 2 stars.
------------------------------------------------------------
Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.
Made of steel.
Multiple times.

RayB.
User
Posts: 1170
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:24 pm
Clan: TOP

Re: Resi (Dummy brutal)

Post by RayB. » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Still 3* the map is like a Brutal 1.
And 20 points is better for a lower Brutal map than 15 points. Best example for a 3* is Skychase and for a 2* Samsara II, III.

User avatar
Soreu
User
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: Poland
Player profile: Soreu
Mapper profile: Soreu
Clan: GSP

Re: Resi (Dummy brutal)

Post by Soreu » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:36 pm

Ready for Release
"Resi" by Im 'corneum
Dummy 3
„Vince te ipsum”

         :3             |     GSP Founder     Honorary iMTGmember
Graphic-guy     |     Website & Forum Team Leader (Ex)     [ToP] Leader (Dead)

Last truly active: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:13 pm - having great DDNet in both memory and heart

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests