Bots

Share and discuss skins, mapres, artworks and logos.
Silex
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Silex/

Re: Bots

Post by Silex »

Shorefire wrote: Nazi Germany around here!
Wow that just made you look even more dumb.
NoT a TROll

Post by NoT a TROll »

hi, i'm not a troll and i want to say to siO, keep on going man, never stop boting and never stop trolling, it's good for you and good for the people you troll. don't mind the haters and the evil mods, they got nothing on you, you got a VPN. So i wish you good health my freind :D i hope you meat you in real life
Last edited by NoT a TROll on Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoT a TROll

Re: ?

Post by NoT a TROll »

Aoe wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:51 pm Shorefire, as I said ingame, if you dont bot, nobody will ban you and you will be problem free. I know you aint using the bot to get top ranks like Roco, but since its a rule now you cannot complain when you get banned for using it.
I understand why you think its unfair since you only use it for fun, but you have to look at it from DDNet perspective,
look at CS:GO, it dosnt matter if you use aimbot/wallhack/spinbot. In any ranks you are going to get vac banned for doing it. It isnt just a rule for only the pro CS:GO players and the same goes for DDNet.
Nobody but you in this thread uses bot which is the reason everyone is against you. And when i said this ingame you just said "sure sure, all admin / moderators on DDNet is egoistic" which really tells me what a person you are.
And if you really need to use this bot, why not use it on your own servers, there you wont have any problems
you also told me that you use the bot to troll people, so Ryozuki wasn't lieing mate ;)
And no I never told you that you were egoistic, you told me that I were countless times, you must have swapped around some things in your head, sorry mate. - check demo ;)
and no you did not "trigger" me, the reason I muted you on my client is because I cannot talk with someone that thinks that everyone with a different opinion than your own is egoistic and their perspectives is dumb. As soon as I said "try and look at it from others point of view" you changed compleatly and started hating on me and everyone on DDNet like we are the bad people.

So to escape all this drama, use the standard Teeworlds client or DDNet like everyone else does.
man, why do you lie like that (Ryozuki too), it's bad for you, and please stop muting people when they are talking, it's really rood. and i know that Shorefire hasn't ever trolled people in his life :D

ps: bots are fine, you play with them in almost every other game on earth. and it sounds like Shorefire "triggered" you real bad (i think its because you can't stand him being right)
NoT a TROll

Post by NoT a TROll »

Shorefire wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:24 pm
Savander wrote:What a shame on teeworlds! Bots??? Naaah, it is fun :o. Every one knows, that bots are good for community and for playing with each others. What can go wrong? Shame on you!
Right? It's a fuckin' travesty, it's like Nazi Germany around here!
preach brother
Cellegen
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Cellegen/
Mapper profile: https://ddnet.tw/mappers/Cellegen/
Clan: RestInHell.
Discord: Cellegen | RiH#5501

Close the "Bots" room please.

Post by Cellegen »

After 6 years of shitposting, nonsense arguing and hate spreading about bots and security of Teeworlds and DDrace Network, this should've already ended, including conversations like these to the Off-topic section.
• First things first, This topic was not made for showcasing any video, which had interest in the DDNet community, but rather it was a General Help topic, a topic which indicated general help for teeworlds topics. The topic was about botting ingame, which fits the idea of this topic to be there as you request help of it. The topic was made by Silex and he linked a video about a player named siO, who was being accused for botting with this video linked as a proof. The concept of that topic was to discuss, whenever it should be acceptable to have "weak botting" ingame.
✦ "Weak botting" is what I consider an activity, which a player uses a client bot, which won't give any better advantage over finishing a map, but can harm the experience of other players regardless.
• Second. The discussion didn't end up on arguing about bots and bot security, but rather hate towards members, hate towards moderators and hate towards the community. After a few posts, Shorefire, the user who claims to be the player "siO" in the first post's video is stating:
Shorefire: I don't actually remember ever being banned! And most of the moderators have no issue with me, just a bit of harmless fun.
(Indicates that he doesn't claim to be banned under the name siO, while hi_leute_gll, an old member of DDrace community has posted this before the identication of siO:)
hi_leute_gll: It's Shorefire and he is (theoretically) banned on DDNet anyway. xd
The arguments went forth-back about the client, the person and the speculation of that Shorefire account. Later on those posts, moderators and other known members started to pick up on it, stating some facts and their own opinions about the situation:
Clefairy': This is just a baumalein client's bot.
Ryozuki: The fact that it's your own client doesn't make it special or diferent from a other bot client, it will be a bot client and it's not allowed. If you use it on ddnet, be ready to get a ban.
Silex: It is egotistical to ban a bot? Wow.. but yes bots are really cool, in some months/years it is all about who got the best bot in the game. That would be great wouldn't it? Ofc you just used it for 'fun' but just fun can get very fast serious. Some people see it, ask you about the bot etc. And if they don't get it from you they just try about a other way but it's still your fault because you brought it to them. And yes why does we take it serious? Hmm maybe because some people played very much hours for their ranks? You could get it with this bot much more faster and that's pretty unfair. You got a clear advantage if you use it and the problem is we don't know if/when you use it.
Aoe: Shorefire, as I said ingame, if you dont bot, nobody will ban you and you will be problem free. I know you aint using the bot to get top ranks like Roco, but since its a rule now you cannot complain when you get banned for using it.
So to escape all this drama, use the standard Teeworlds client or DDNet like everyone else does.
Everyone had their own conversations with Shorefire, all of them had one point: There are rules against botting in DDrace, regardless if it was back in 6 years prior. Those rules to this day, still apply here and won't be changed. The video being sent there has more, than enough proof to consider that gameplay a botted gameplay, using howerbotting, which was back in the days, still popular and possible to reproduce with a botted client only. A normal player wouldn't top an avarage of 5 seconds on top of another player. The player showed in the video has been doing howering for over 20 seconds with hook interuption and in-air movement too. This information, along with the fact that it has been uploaded to Youtube proofs, that the person was botting.
DDNet's ruleset contains rules similar to what I mention now:
-Don't use modified / bot clients which gives advantage or unacceptable inexperience towards or against other players ingame.
I guess the staff members will have permission to set any type of punishment towards players who break this rule.
• Third: The argument of Shorefire's has been awfully written, not being cooperated and is full of regression towards other members that this player might know. He won't listen to the members who have been telling him what is the situation with bots, he won't listen to moderators who tell them how this works and that it should be restricted and he won't care about this community, but still give his own opinion a higher standard, than anybody else's opinion. And just to say, some "opinions" weren't opinions, just look at the quotes I've been gathering to represent. The majority declines the act of botting and won't be interested in a person, who also declines opinions and even facts. They haven't considered him as a member of that community, but rather just an outsider who had nothing better to do, other, than botting.
• Fourth: Whenever Shorefire says that moderation is a joke around DDNet's community, he wouldn't have been more wrong. This community is at least a decade old, if not more. This community still gives out maps to release, still gives out updates on security and performance, so people with potato pc can have the best experience and also give possibilities for people to enjoy the game, regardless of all the harsh attacks made by ddosers and trolls. The blame shouldn't be the community and the staff members, but rather the trolls and ddosers who make progressing further impossible.
Having no ddos or having no trolls around servers is near impossible, but some ddosers / trollers have been doing it for years!!! Let me say this: those people still play the game, sometimes enjoy the game, and they still want to harm the community of it! Outright terrible.
And some random person says that they are moderating badly, because they target a player who has been doing this bot thing as a surprising experiment towards the other people. Those people knew, that they cannot play with a guy, who can both get advantage of him, or get sabotaged by him. A coin which has two sides, and they must choose. Awful.
What others wrote should be considered as a fact. Botting is not something that should be torelated, since it destroys the fun which has so little on this community. And about ddosing, those people who have been playing this game, who have been there for the very beginning, what would they say, if they were the reason to destroy a game, that had potential to become a even better game, if they just stopped it for a moment and wait it out. Patience is key, I've learned that the difficult way too.
• And finally Fifth: If any of the moderators of this forum sees this: Please close this conversation and check for any posts related to botting and close those too. You guys have been amazing of providing many security fixes and maintaining the community as it is. Don't abandon the forum, just because Discord has it's own advantages. This forum is what we have been growing up with, and we still use it to this day. Please, do the best you guys can to maintain the forum here too!

That's all.
RestInHell. - Team Leader